Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did Rosanna's fella-ella really spend 100K on a 206?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

€100k on a 206?

That has to be the biggest waste i have ever seen.

Oh the cars i could buy with that kind of money.

But i suppose not all cars would be capable of the 120kmh top speed :eek:

Be stuck to the seat ya wud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I saw the car a few times alright. It looks like a lot of money went into it alright. But to achieve what? I've a pain in my heart thinking about the money spent on that!

Not so au-fait with the gossip papers / mags though. Is he a footballer?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

unkel wrote: »
    I saw the car a few times alright. It looks like a lot of money went into it alright. But to achieve what? I've a pain in my heart thinking about the money spent on that!

His father owns that arcade on O'Connell street I believe, Dr. Querkeys (sp).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

unkel wrote: »
    Slot machine heir. Dr Quirkey's is the family business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

A standard 206GTi can do around 140M/ph, no?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

100 grand on a Pegeout 206?

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What's worse is that Daddy paid for it - that lout has never worked a day in his life.

His Bebo page is vomit-inducing too.
    Fav drink "Miller Miller Miller" he writes.
    Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jayteecork wrote: »
    100 grand on a Pegeout 206?

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What's worse is that Daddy paid for it - that lout has never worked a day in his life.

His Bebo page is vomit-inducing too.
    Fav drink "Miller Miller Miller" he writes.
    Twat.

do you know the guy? does the fact his aul fella gave him the money make it any better or worse?

clearly a stupid decision on his part but dont let jealousy cloud your judgement :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

1680436524_df892369ac.jpg
    1679545509_6bca659f8c.jpg
    1679597189_2817701afb.jpg

1679648311_c8454b2d7b.jpg
    1679615035_2c006cfdc3.jpg
    1680488142_02e6e77b26.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I have a vague recollection of that guy (must have been) being on boards...

He came onto this forum and detailed the mods & costs involved, at which point everybody guffawed at spending such big bucks on a 206 (definitely less than 100k at that point - maybe 'only':o 70k?). He ranted-and-raved a bit and then pissed-off, angry that nobody here could appreciate such classy machines.
    Cyrus wrote: »
    clearly a stupid decision on his part but dont let jealousy cloud your judgement :p

At the time he intimated that he had 'worked hard' to be able to purchase such a machine etc. etc. but I didn't realise he was a silver-spooned daddy's boy.

And yes, that DOES make it worse, if he was some young IT entrepreneur or such-like with a dodgey taste in motors it's one thing but...

Mind you he did manage to pull an ex-Miss World so I doubt he'll have sleepless nights about what a few boardies think!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

steve06 wrote: »
    1680436524_df892369ac.jpg
    1679597189_2817701afb.jpg

1679648311_c8454b2d7b.jpg
    1679615035_2c006cfdc3.jpg
    1680488142_02e6e77b26.jpg
    At least they are tastefully done!

Unfortunately, the taste is the taste of vomit coming up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Is there some kinda gadget under the steering wheel on those cars that gives you oral pleasure as you drive??? If so, I want one! If not, then I'd sooner spend €100k on a Micra than a 206.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭maidhc

Cyrus wrote: »
    do you know the guy? does the fact his aul fella gave him the money make it any better or worse?

It makes it worse! I have a funny feeling if he had to earn the €100k he wouldn't have spent it so readily!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Doodee wrote: »
    who cares?

+1

Who gives a flying fúck? Slow news week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Where are the pix of rosannawiththebewbs?

Green and Yellow. For flip's sake lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I knew there was a reason why I don't read crap like the Oirish Mirror.

75 frickin mph? Fecking hell that's not even close to fast.

LMAO over the Pugs though:D!

€100k on a 206:eek:?

Think of all the cars you could buy with that, you could have a slightly used M3, or SLK 55 AMG, or an Audi S5(what a brilliant car) and still have €14.5k to spare for your €100k:eek:.

You could buy a nearly new Mitsubishi Evo and a Lotus Exige and still have money left over.

Or even a 10 year old Ferrari F355:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

This has to be one of the funniest threads ever on boards.ie. Everything about it is hillarious, whether is the fact that the gutter press is so desperate for a story that the have a full page 'exclusive' about that giant douche driving at a blistering 75mph, or the fact the the aforementioned douche spent €100k on a 206. There have been a lot of cars mentioned that one could buy for €100k, but seriously just stop a minute and think about what you could actually buy with that money, damn! Also those pictures are priceless, the 'rims' on the puke coloured 206 really take the prize...he must have a real gangster lean going on as he rolls to KFC to buy a bucket of popcorn chicken after beating on his hoes, or would that be rolling into daddy's garage in killiney after a spot of dressage?:rolleyes:

so f ucking funny. U'd say something if the guy was a scumbag and didn't know any better - but he's from a middle class family, think his dad used to be a guard.

And lastly It has to be said that there's no accouting for taste. Rosanna? What the f uck like? What is it about him that attracts you? Being seen in his car :)?
    His work ethic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

One of those cars may be appealing if:

1) You're 17 and desperate to get yer first ride
    1) Enjoy impressing 17 yaer old girls - Hmmm, dodgy fecker

JohnCleary wrote: »
    One of those cars may be appealing if:

1) You're 17 and desperate to get yer first ride
    1) Enjoy impressing 17 yaer old girls - Hmmm, dodgy fecker

Not sure I'd want to "ride" a girl who'd be impressed by a car like that.
    In fact I'd feel very very sorry for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Must annoy quite a few people that this lad can drop 100k on a car, while everyone else is running around getting excited about diesels and house prices!

Live and let live - It's his money - if one thinks they can spend 100k better, go make it.

Think about it - his bird is better looking than yours, and he has more money than you!
    Fair play to him...

Begrudge on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Holsten wrote: »
    What a muppet

Eh, he's shagging Rosanna Davidson. Good effort that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭MarkN

cancan wrote: »
    Must annoy quite a few people that this lad can drop 100k on a car, while everyone else is running around getting excited about diesels and house prices!

Live and let live - It's his money - if one thinks they can spend 100k better, go make it.

Think about it - his bird is better looking than yours, and he has more money than you!
    Fair play to him...

Begrudge on...

Ah come on Cancan.. it's HARDLY begrudgery now!!!

Plenty of us on here spend small fortunes on cars but it's what you get for your money that matters.

I just didn't know what was the most ridiculous thing about the story... the 'speeding', the apology, the car being called a sports car or The Herald for printing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Well, if it's what he wants, it's his money and his business.

Quite why irish people feel the need to knock someone with more money than them just so they can feel better about themselves is beyond me.

Its his money, not yours, so he can spend it as he sees fit.

Just because it's not the default boring german car that most sheep spend 100k on, is not grounds for attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

A fool and his (daddys) money, as they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

cancan wrote: »
    Well, if it's what he wants, it's his money and his business.

Quite why irish people feel the need to knock someone with more money than them just so they can feel better about themselves is beyond me.

Its his money, not yours, so he can spend it as he sees fit.

But it's not his money, it's his aul lads. As someone mentioned earlier, if he earned 100K himself he would not be in such a hurry to spend it on a lime green Pug. I don't know the guy therefore I don't dislike him but FFS he's 25 years old and he doesn't have a job, yet he's in the paper everyday for absolutely no reason.

tdc wrote: »
    But it's not his money, it's his aul lads. As someone mentioned earlier, if he earned 100K himself he would not be in such a hurry to spend it on a lime green Pug. I don't know the guy therefore I don't dislike him but FFS he's 25 years old and he doesn't have a job, yet he's in the paper everyday for absolutely no reason.

Bascially he's in the right place at the right time.
    While this obssession with plastic "celeb" nobodies has been staple of the English tabs for the last 20 years or so, it's only now the Irish tabs have jumped on the bandwagon.
    Himself and Rosanna are trying to be groomed as the Irish "Posh and Becks" from what I can gather.
    That ****e sold a lot of papers in England and they're looking for a similar angle over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I dont think there are many people begrudging him spending 100k on a car, its the fact he spent 100k on a horrific 206 thats the problem. Aside from all the lovely cars already listed in this thread, he could have gotten a brand new bmw 335i coupe and still spent 20k customizing it to make it 'unique' if that was what he wanted for that price. And then he would have actually had a fast car which wouldnt make him look like a twat! That or countless other, far far, better options than the 206...what the hell was he thinking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement