Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tevion Car Stereo Error

Options
  • 17-04-2008 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

When I got my car recently there was already a cd/mp3 player car stereo in it. The brand says Tevion, I don't know the model. The radio works fine but the cd/mp3 player does not. Everytime I insert a cd it tries to load and then I get an Error 4 message. There was no manual or anything, and a search on the internet only lets me know that it was likely purchased from ALDI a while back.. Any ideas on what the error is caused by? I don't have the keys to get it out and fiddle behind and would prefer to leave ripping it out to a last resort.

There's a mini USB connection on it too, but I don't have a mini USB to mini USB connector to try it out with my MP3 Player. Would this connector work ok? Would prefer to be sure before ordering. LINK

A photo of it if anyone could figure out the model..

P1170066copy.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

It is Aldis own brand of car stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

you can get removal tools in most motor factors. taking it out is very simple. It would take about 30 seconds if you had the tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

There is a 3 year warranty on the Tevion CD radios. I had a fault with the ISO connector on mine and they replaced the whole stereo and delivered it within a week.
    Give Tevion a ring on 1800 992508(that is the number on my manual which is an older model than yours) and ask them about the fault.
    You may need to get the stereo out to give them a model number as said above it is quite easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

Thanks for the replies.

I assume I would need the receipt to avail of the warranty (that is of course if it is even still in warranty) but I'll give them a ring tomorrow and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I didn't need the receipt, just gave the model number.
    Try your luck anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement