Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice Needed. Should I buy.

Options
  • 17-04-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Just looking for advice here. Looking for a 1 litre for the girlfriend. We found a car that she likes. I googled the guys mobile and it brought back a few cars it has sold. Should I walk away from this or think nothing of it. Maybe hes just a guy that likes to do up cars and sell them on. He says he will give me a 3 month warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

To be honest I'd look hard at the cars he's sold previously. If they're very dodgy, like no NCT or vague details about mileage and condition, I'd walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Check out the car first anyway. Maybe he's a backyard fixer kind of guy, and if your looking for a cheap 1L then these guys are probably the best if you can find a decent car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

He has had 3 adds previous. He told me he has this car 6 months, and is only selling because he passed his drive test 2 weeks ago and wants to get a 1.4 car, which seems fair enough. I took the car out for a drive today and it seems fine. There is an NCT on this, and on the other ones. I have heard horror stories of simiar cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If he is giving a warranty, he must be admitting he is a dealer? Anyway as said, probably a good place to get a cheap small car.

Advertisement