Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin: 19th April

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Same as usual, 10am at the Harolds Cross Dog Track, 10.20ish in Dundrum...

On Ken's suggestion, we could try http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/dun-laoghaire/867489087 for some variation.

I say we, but at the moment, I'm huddled up at home, shivering with a lemsip in hand, so I may not make it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

if we're going to do the above run we may as well meet somewhere like tempelogue or something - it's more on the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I can't get ken's link to work (unresponsive script), so here it is in google maps... The route goes through Harolds Cross for me anyway, so it's fine for me to start there if I'm going :)

Anyway, I'm in
    How about we meet outside The Morgue pub in Templeogue (on the left just after Hollingsworth cycles as you come out of town) at 10:15?
    Made a slight change to the route - up over Boharnabreena instead of the Tallaght Bypass, just cos it's more scenic. A bit more climbing though
    Route here:
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/dun-laoghaire/867489087

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Interesting route. I've never actually gone up the Embankment, only down from the other side. Also have never ridden that road up around Lackan. Not sure if I'd be on for it tomorrow though as I'm meant to be bringing a friend along who's just getting back into cycling and wouldn't be up for a 110km ride just yet. We might go up to Enniskerry instead as it provides more opportunities for him to turn off back to town when he feels like it.

me neither - have only gone from Sally Gap down towards blessington.
    Emty was saying how nice the scenery is around the lakes, so that was the inspiration.
    And it's about time to start adding KMs to the legs - less than 8 weeks to go :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

crap, that looks like a great route. unfortunately i have a duathlon in mullingar tomorow but enjoy it and i'll catch up with ye again for next weeks hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It does indeed look like a nice route.

I have an IKEA run to do tomorrow though so I won't be able to make it again. I think I need to put a few more kms on before I can attempt a route this long though.

penexpers wrote: »
    It does indeed look like a nice route.

I have an IKEA run to do tomorrow though so I won't be able to make it again. I think I need to put a few more kms on before I can attempt a route this long though.

Ikea are open on sundays too :)
    Was up there on Paddys, it's class. (although I'd been to one in Holland a few times, so knew what to expect, Belfast is bigger than Breda though). Make sure to get the Meatballs for lunch. MMMMMmmmmmm.........

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

That does look like a very nice route, btw how fast are you guys going on these spins? Av. of 15/16mph or more like 18/19mph? I'm stuck on the sidelines at the moment but hope to be back in a month or so.

I was just looking through my stats there last night as it happens, and we're looking around 2m50s per km pace, so that makes an avg of 21km/h or so - that's including a couple of 30km spins, a few 5km commutes and a bigger 60+km at the weekend. So that's around 14mph or so, obviously less going up the hills :)

At the moment though am I the only one on for tomorrow? If that's the case can I join ye El Tonto?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

kenmc wrote: »
    At the moment though am I the only one on for tomorrow? If that's the case can I join ye El Tonto?

You're more than welcome. We can meet you in Dundrum under the bridge at 10.

Cool thanks. If a few more bods show up in this thread before tomorrow interested in heading that route I posted then we'll go with that (47km/h winds! :eek:) else I'll join ye. Will let you know by 9pm tonite.
    K

Right so. I'll be with two other guys. Two of us will probably go for a long enough run, at least 80km and maybe longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

wait...I'm confused,who's meeting who where?

As it stands, I'm meeting ken at 10am at the usual spot in Dundrum, since no one else wanted to do the other route with him. However, if someone else does want to do that route, he's going to go along with them.

I've progressed from lemsip to lemsip and vick vaporub, as well as a half day from work, so tomorrow is definately out for my I'm afraid.

There's an outside chance I'd be up for the lakes route on Sunday, but tomorrow's definately out :(

it'd be a shame to leave that nice new bike idle on the weekend. bagsy me take it for a spin to keep it in shape :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

I'm a maybe at the minute, depends how rough a night tonight is :o I'll check in again at some ridiculous hour of the morning and see who is going where and let you know if I'll be out or not.

kenmc wrote: »
    it'd be a shame to leave that nice new bike idle on the weekend. bagsy me take it for a spin to keep it in shape :)

If you want to pop up and collect it, and return it in the same condition, there's no problem... you may have to leave your soul as a deposit tho... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

right. i'm up for a spin tomorrow. where am i supposed to be and when?

dundrum at 10?

• Advertisement

Yep, at the moment it's 10 in Dundrum under the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

cool. see you there. :)

right so dundrum@10

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I might pop along- under the LUAS bridge?

Yep under the bridge. You won't miss us.

Well, the alarm is set, just hope three hours is enough to get bottle of bucky and a few pints out of the system.

Right, I'll be there, I'll be the uncoordinated guy looking unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I won't make it up for 10- bike needs a bit of fiddling- but will be heading out in that general direction later, may see you on the road!

My legs deserted me on the way back, had to call in the support crew. I'm not usually one to speak ill of Bucky but maybe avoiding it and getting some sleep also may see me in better shape next time out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fair play to you earlier for catching up with us. That must have taken a bit out of you.

Advertisement