Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 broadband - acting the bloody maggot tonight

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Dun Laoghaire and was wondering if the fact that the winds are quite high would have an effect on the O2 broadband - the bloody thing keeps crashing and usually it's fairly reliable - I'm still within my 30 day trial but if this is a sign of things to come, it may be going back to the shop - anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

cjmcork wrote: »
    I'm living in Dun Laoghaire and was wondering if the fact that the winds are quite high would have an effect on the O2 broadband - the bloody thing keeps crashing and usually it's fairly reliable - I'm still within my 30 day trial but if this is a sign of things to come, it may be going back to the shop - anyone else having problems?

It is not the weather unfortunately, they simply have overloaded their system with users.

Since February, O2 has regularly been experiencing problems at peak times.
    On at least one occasion, customer support have suggested to me that it is a capacity issue, and there is no doubt that this is the cause.

Persistently calling CS will get you a free month, but you will not have a proper working service. Check some of the other threads which have been popping up more regularly regarding O2 before you decide on keeping the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

is vodafone any better though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

problem persisted - so i rang 02 again last night - it appears that this is the issue..........

http://gizmodo.com/380632/vista-update-scrambling-usb-devices-sp1-auto+rollout-stalled

Advertisement