Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championships

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Anyone fancy anything E.W at a biggish price?

Thinking about goin on Higgins @ 14's, but any input greatly appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

whats the story with g dott is he playing or not:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Think I was reading somewhere that he is gonna be playing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Murphy for me at 17/2....a massive price for a guy that is so consistent and is always at the business end of competitions!

I see Boyles are doing money back on all singles if Selby wins it, and Bruce are doing it if Ronnie wins it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Is Murphy best priced 17/2? who's that with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Right lads I'm going to follow the betting in running with Paddy power. Hopefully make a few quid on frame betting.

Say if Ronnie gets in a run or something.

• Advertisement

Is Murphy best priced 17/2? who's that with?

Betfair or Betdaq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Neil Robertson for me. I'll be doing it with Boyle's, money back if Selby wins is a great offer and the 20/1 offered by Boyles is the biggest price in town, 25 euro e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

I fancy maguire @ 7-1...he's got the easiest 1/4 of the draw so he should get to the semis anyway. Anyone know his price with Bruce (that's a good offer if Ronnie wins)?

8-1 with Bruce

Anyone care to post the bracketing so we know who's likely to get who as the tourney progresses?

Anyone care to post the bracketing so we know who's likely to get who as the tourney progresses?

John Higgins v Matthew Stevens
    Ryan Day v Michael Judge
    Ding Junhui v Marco Fu
    Stephen Hendry v Mark Allen

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Liu Chuang
    Mark Williams v Mark Davis
    Stephen Lee v Joe Swail
    Ken Doherty v Liang Wenbo

Shaun Murphy v Dave Harold
    Ali Carter v Barry Hawkins
    Mark Selby v Mark King
    Peter Ebdon v Jamie Cope

Neil Robertson v Nigel Bond
    Stephen Maguire v Anthony Hamilton
    Steve Davis v Stuart Bingham
    Graeme Dott v Joe Perry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Neil Robertson for me. I'll be doing it with Boyle's, money back if Selby wins is a great offer and the 20/1 offered by Boyles is the biggest price in town, 25 euro e/w.

Absolutely no chance; been playing rubbish this season so don't waste your money...

Sean Murphy @ 8/1 is prob the best bet this year.......

As an outside bet Mark Williams should be a good price and is coming, somewhat, back to form. also he would not be phased by it as he's done it all before....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Starting this weekend? Sweet. Love watching the snooker world champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

tm2204 wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance; been playing rubbish this season so don't waste your money...

Very true.

gonna have a nibble on Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Maguire is almost a shoe-in to reach the semis without breaking a sweat and he'll meet Selby/Murphy. I'd expect Higgins to also reach the other semi but i'm hoping Ronnie has an off day to leave the door open for Ken coming through that quarter :pac:

Over the last couple of years, Muprhy and Dott have won the title being 150/1 or so shots and Selby came close last year so its worth sticking a couple of token €10 bets on Bingham @125s and Hawkins @100s.

Hendry's not playing great but he's 22/1 to scoop the highest break. Whatever about his consistency, when he's firing, he's hard to beat so i've a fe quid on that. He's also 5/6 match betting v Allen in the first round.

Dott is playing but he's lost his last 17 matches so backing Perry @ 5/6 might not be a bad bet either.

The big 4 (O'Sullivan, Selby, Murphy and Maguire) are 8/11 against the field so if you think someone from here is a sure thing..lump on it!

7/4 for a maximum to be hit during the tournie.....meh i'd stay away from it.

For any low stakes gamblers, PP have odds up to 6000/1 to name the finalists so if you fancy a Judge/Bond final, stick the loot on it and pray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Gone with Peter Ebdon @ 33/1 and R Day @ 40/1 for small stakes

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Maguire is almost a shoe-in to reach the semis without breaking a sweat and he'll meet Selby/Murphy.

agree there. i'll lay him off at the semis, should he make it.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DaveBoyle

i'm hoping Ronnie has an off day to leave the door open for Ken coming through that quarter

Not playing nearly well enough Tony; he's struggling badly this year.

sticking a couple of token €10 bets on Bingham @125s and Hawkins @100s.

Hawkins by far out of these 2....

Dott is playing but he's lost his last 17 matches so backing Perry @ 5/6 might not be a bad bet either.

Dott is suffering from bad depression and almost pulled out so i'd say Perry is a large fav here...

For any low stakes gamblers, PP have odds up to 6000/1 to name the finalists so if you fancy a Judge/Bond final, stick the loot on it and pray!!

That's one hell of a great bet!! Are u sure its 6000/1?? If you bet every combination then surely u'd have to make money!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

DaveBoyle wrote: »

That's one hell of a great bet!! Are u sure its 6000/1?? If you bet every combination then surely u'd have to make money!!!!!

I would think it would be 6000/1 for 2 players like Steve Davis and Michael Judge but for Ronnie and any other fancied player, the odds would be much shorter. I think he menat 6000/1 was the biggest priced on 2 named players but that would be the 2 big outsiders and the odds would be much shorter depending on players overall price and draw prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DaveBoyle wrote: »
    I would think it would be 6000/1 for 2 players like Steve Davis and Michael Judge but for Ronnie and any other fancied player, the odds would be much shorter. I think he menat 6000/1 was the biggest priced on 2 named players but that would be the 2 big outsiders and the odds would be much shorter depending on players overall price and draw prospects

Yeah i obv meant that the 6000/1 was for the Bond/Judge match up. The odds were fairly short on a Ronnie/Murphy;Ronnie/Selby final but there was some value to be found. The likes of an Ebdon/Hendry final was 200/1

I'm just a little ahead on the betting on this so far. Had a nice touch with Swail/Edbon double and more than 2.5 centuries in Higgins/Stevens match. Also have no centuries backed at 4/1 in Day/Judge match (Day missed a sweet straight forward green on 96 :-))

Lost on Hawkins v Carter and more suspect was a bet i had on the Swail/Lee match. At the end of the 8th frame with Swail going 6-2 up, I stuck a few quid on Swail to win the 9th frame (last of session obv). So up the bet goes and gets accepted. Swail takes it so happy days. I check my PP account and i dont have the money, so i check my pending bets and the bet is now placed for the 10th frame, which Lee went on to win :mad:

I was only after sending PP a mail that day to ask why the fk they took €126 from my account for a bet i didnt place, and they subsequently returned the money to my account..hmmm strange and then then the 9th frame incident. I'm keeping a closer eye on my account these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I stuck a few quid on Swail to win the 9th frame (last of session obv). So up the bet goes and gets accepted. Swail takes it so happy days. I check my PP account and i dont have the money, so i check my pending bets and the bet is now placed for the 10th frame, which Lee went on to win :mad:

I was only after sending PP a mail that day to ask why the fk they took €126 from my account for a bet i didnt place, and they subsequently returned the money to my account..hmmm strange and then then the 9th frame incident. I'm keeping a closer eye on my account these days.

oh god ive been stung on this exact thing before its so frustrating and they really should do something about this as its their software program issue.

Tennis is the same and ive been stung on more than one occasion because you go to back the match winner in-running and all of a sudden you find youve just backed the next set winner:confused::confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So has anyone made anything out of this yet?

I remember 63587614 said he was gonna try do well out of betting in running. Other than that, do many have horseys qualified for the next round?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So has anyone made anything out of this yet?

I remember 63587614 said he was gonna try do well out of betting in running. Other than that, do many have horseys qualified for the next round?

Murphy is in to 5/1 (from the 17/2 I got) after only playing one session against David Harold. Selby being knocked out plays a big factor in that drop in price. Murphy is a great price at evens to win his quarter final now.

Frame Betting - Laying the likes of Hendry, King, Ebdon, Perry when there in amongst the balls seems like value. All find it tough to finish a frame in one visit

Advertisement