Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what credit card should i get?

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ok, i know absolutely nothing about credit cards. But i do know i need one. Im a single guy in his twenties and goin away travelling for anywhere from a few months to a year or so. And i know a credit card would come in handy in that kind've situation. So i need advice.

What exactly should one look for in a credit card? Is there a particular credit card out there that would suit a guy goin away travelling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There all the same really, except for interest rates.

I'd try get one with the bank you with as that would be the easiest option. Or go for the one with the lowest interest rate, but these tend to have a tighter credit score. I'd also apply long before your due to go away too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

YOu may find it hard to get a credit card if you are travelling and therefore dont have a regular income earned in Ireland.
    It may be a case that you wont have a choice - you will just have to find a bank that will accept you in your circumstances !
    Try with the non traditional banks which are a little less conservative in who they lend to although in the current environment I would be surprised if all the banks are not tightening up on their lending criteria.

Advertisement