Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song on Bulmers Add Galway Gilr?

Options
  • 17-04-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the name of the song on the new Bulmers Add ? I think is Galway Girl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 _RoSy_

Hey,

Yup, it's called Galway Girl and the usual version that you'll come across is by a guy called Mundy think the original song was written by a guy called Steve Earle or something like that. Mundy does a live version with with Sharon Shannon:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt_TirDyKU

and another one

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsyzmZQ7KI

Enjoy,

R.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The version used on the ad is the original Steve Earle version. It was mentioned on the radio the other day that it's on the Mundy single of the same song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

And me living in Galway at the time heard many a rumour about who that girl may be!*

The bould Steve was stayin in Galway at the time.

* I could say more but am not the kiss and tell type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

That's Munday?

God. And just when I thought I couldn't possibly dislike him any more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Slightly off topic, the guy playing the guitar in the ad is Simon Fagan, from Navan. Hes a great singer. Writes his own music also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

God i hope that ad is Bulmers 'Spring' ad campaign and not the summer one.
    That song is driving me demented already.

I presume you at least are lucky enough not to hear it every single night like poor me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

How long did steve earle live in galway for, there's not much mention of it in his website.

he was once considered to have saved country music in america, he was huge, then he went off the rails on heroine.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I heard he lived there for about 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oh goodness. This song has been played all over the land since last year. I too hate it with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Steve Earle is a legend of a song writer. Glad he's clean and back on track now. Love his acoustic at Montreaux album. His 'Jeresulam' album is worth checking out, 'John Walkers Blues' caused a stir in America when it came out.

Townes Van Zandt is the man to check out as well. Wrote some of the greatest songs ever. Sadly he's no longer with us. Steve performs his songs live at times, they were close friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

kc66 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, the guy playing the guitar in the ad is Simon Fagan, from Navan. Hes a great singer. Writes his own music also.

It's a Mandelin not a guitar.

Advertisement