Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Pre-amp Strips??

Options
  • 17-04-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Anyone recommend any decent 8 channel mic pres around the 400-600 mark?
    I was looking at the presonus firestudio, but I read a few reviews sayin' it wasnt very reliable.

.....and don't tell me you get what you pay for!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I've no idea what you're use is going to be, but for that money I'd probably buy a cheap as chips used 8 channel A/D/A unit and a decent used individual pre-amp. THat way you can get drums or whatever down over the 8 tracks but still have 1 good unit for layering everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 blackbagtrack

Interesting...
    I want to record a band setup so I want the 8 channels for drums. Thats a good idea yeah,I still want to get as good a sound as possible though for the drums, so I wanted to get something alright enough to do both. But I think thats a better idea yeah. Do you know any cheap half-decent 8channel ada strips??
    thanx

Another thing, do you know of any other good sites for used gear, besides adverts and ebay??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

Yeah I saw that but apparently it's not compatible with protools, maybe I'l get the octopre LE, I dunno if thats compatible or not though, I'l have to check it out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

The only thing that'll be compatible with protools is protools hardware, or m-audio hardware with protools m powered.

Why do you need to use protools?

• Advertisement

Yeah I understand that protools is only compatible with digidesign gear, Sorry I was'nt very clear about what I want to do.
    Well what I'm trying to find out is....I want to buy an mbox and I want to know if there is a way to like expand the amount of inputs on the mbox by linking somehow to something like this tascam guy, or something else???
    Is this possible or do i have to fork out for a 003?

P.S i need to change to Protools for a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

motu ultralite is getting great reviews 500euro or thereabouts

Advertisement