Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Castletown to Nenagh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Furet wrote: »
    I crossed over this scheme yesterday on the N62 south of Roscrea. There is a deep cutting here on both sides of the 62, but the overbridge that will replace the N62 seems to have not even been started yet. As for the surfacing on the future M7 visible from the N62, only chippings had been partially laid on one carriageway from what I could see -- so no CBGM yet.

It sounds like there is a like of work to do for a proposed October opening of this section. Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jagged

I crossed over this scheme yesterday on the N62 south of Roscrea. There is a deep cutting here on both sides of the 62, but the overbridge that will replace the N62 seems to have not even been started yet. As for the surfacing on the future M7 visible from the N62, only chippings had been partially laid on one carriageway from what I could see -- so no CBGM yet.

The bridge is there....(deck is even poured)look to the right as you leave roscrea on the N62,about 200mtrs in,GBGM is almost complete from nenagh junction to about 1km from the N62 junction,the CBGM plant was recently transferred to the northern end of the job, they are also paving the base coat for the last few months,try to get to one of the bridges near moneygall for a better view,i know i always say it,but i will try get photos,just mental busy!!

Deedsie wrote: »
    It sounds like there is a like of work to do for a proposed October opening of this section. Thanks for the update.

Id imagine an opening closer to christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Two dead on the N7 between Castletown and Mountrath this morning.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0413/breaking13.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

yeah i posted on this a few weeks ago. to update, it seems a layer of tar has been put down on the southbound carrigeway approaching the N62 yesterday and this morning. they are also starting to tie in the road to the new overbridge. Now, correct me if i am wrong, but i thought there was going to be a junction on this road, but i cannot see any signs of slip roads being made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Two dead on the N7 between Castletown and Mountrath this morning.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0413/breaking13.html

:mad:

RTE's coverage of this story was really disgraceful in my opinion. The first thing they mentioned was that a local priest immediately called for speed cameras on the route following the accident. Later in the report they mentioned that 39 people have been killed on that stretch of road since 1996 and that the new safer motorway would soon be opening. Then the reporter says "locals say there are 2 issues which locals say now need to be tackled" and the footage cuts to a priest who exclaims "SPEED! SPEED! SPEED!". Then the reporter goes on to talk about how the motorway will make the Limerick-Dublin journeys safer.

It's not a priest's job to give road safety advice to the nation.

The Gardai haven't completed their investigation, they are still appealing for witnesses and yet there are people are on the news implying that this accident was caused by speed. Seems wrong to me and I think it's disrespectful to the families of the 2 lads who were killed. I don't want to open up a can of worms here but I honestly believe that if it was 2 women who had been killed then all the talk would have been of the bad road and nobody would be jumping to other conclusions about speed.

Link - 11 mins 40 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

yeah i posted on this a few weeks ago. to update, it seems a layer of tar has been put down on the southbound carrigeway approaching the N62 yesterday and this morning. they are also starting to tie in the road to the new overbridge. Now, correct me if i am wrong, but i thought there was going to be a junction on this road, but i cannot see any signs of slip roads being made.

It's not 'tar' it's CBM with a tack coat of bitumen.

There is a junction. It's being constructed to the west of the existing N62.

Any idea of a realistic opening date, Bor?

TBH I still make it for early 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

From The AA

* There are two more phases on the M7 still to be completed. The next section from Nenagh north to Castletown will be completed by the end of 2010. No confirmed time has been given for the opening of the final section from Birdhill to the Limerick Southern Ring Road, this is due to construction related issues across the bog.

The AA

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

It's not 'tar' it's CBM with a tack coat of bitumen.

There is a junction. It's being constructed to the west of the existing N62.

wouldnt know the difference mysaelf between tar and CMB with a tack of bitumen.

I was wondering about the junction, thought i was going mad, but you cant see it from the N62 as you drive past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

TBH I still make it for early 2011.

Everyone still says october. A relative of mine works on it. 2010 is the deadline. FF would really broke their second promise again sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

KevR wrote: »
    and the footage cuts to a priest who exclaims "SPEED! SPEED! SPEED!". Then the reporter goes on to talk about how the motorway will make the Limerick-Dublin journeys safer.

It's not a priest's job to give road safety advice to the nation.

A little off topic, but thats our local priest!! He's a nutter. His mass sermons are all about preaching on about how the rich are the work of the devil and that wealth should be spread evenly. I reckon he's a closet communist. And the best one was the swine flu. Ya couldn't shake hands with people, or use holy water for fear of spreading the virus. Yet putting money on the plate was OK. Especially paper money!!

So I wouldn't take much heed of what he has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

A little off topic, but thats our local priest!! He's a nutter. His mass sermons are all about preaching on about how the rich are the work of the devil and that wealth should be spread evenly. I reckon he's a closet communist. And the best one was the swine flu. Ya couldn't shake hands with people, or use holy water for fear of spreading the virus. Yet putting money on the plate was OK. Especially paper money!!

So I wouldn't take much heed of what he has to say

I certainly won't take any heed what he has to say and I hope others won't either. RTE still shouldn't have given him any airtime though.

Not a hope of an october opening,
    they might open the section between nenagh and moneygall,
    its the most advanced,anyway some pics....:D

2010_0414oldcamera0008.jpg
    2010_0414oldcamera0010.jpg
    2010_0414oldcamera0007.jpg
    2010_0414oldcamera0004.jpg
    2010_0414oldcamera0006.jpg
    2010_0414oldcamera0001.jpg

Forgot to add,these photos were taken between nenagh junction and moneygall(most advanced) will try get pics of other sections next wk when im up that direction!!

Thanks a mill, jagged. Is that the wearing course down in the fourth picture?
    Last picture looks great, btw. Should probably wiki it!

The Dublin road interchange should be completed by june 5th. Thats when the diversions and road works are completed at the interchange. It would be good to see a finish to the Nenagh to Moneygall section by summer. So it would mean motorway from Birdhill to North of Monegall. :) Means bypasses of both Toome and Moneygall. That should knock another 10 mins of the journey.

The Moneygall interchange looks to be finished also by June if not earliar. The days are longer and the weather is fantastic, so It should help get the first phase finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Last picture looks great, btw. Should probably wiki it!

Agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

anyone know what the probability of a partial opening (nenagh-moneygall) is?
    mysterious wrote: »
    The Dublin road interchange should be completed by june 5th. Thats when the diversions and road works are completed at the interchange. It would be good to see a finish to the Nenagh to Moneygall section by summer. So it would mean motorway from Birdhill to North of Monegall. :) Means bypasses of both Toome and Moneygall. That should knock another 10 mins of the journey.

The Moneygall interchange looks to be finished also by June if not earliar. The days are longer and the weather is fantastic, so It should help get the first phase finished.

• Advertisement

I'd be wary of believing mysterious. He hasn't exactly got a good track record in relation to when schemes will open (see post #291 and subsequent posts).

The fact is that there are still 3 No. overbridges to be completed along with the Nenagh Interchange and that is not taking into account the remaining works on the mainline itself. So I would be very surprised if Nenagh-Moneygall opened in the summer.

I'd be wary of believing mysterious. He hasn't exactly got a good track record in relation to when schemes will open (see post #291 and subsequent posts).

The fact is that there are still 3 No. overbridges to be completed along with the Nenagh Interchange and that is not taking into account the remaining works on the mainline itself. So I would be very surprised if Nenagh-Moneygall opened in the summer.

Id agree with that. If it was opened for the All Ireland Final weekend i would be delighted. But I dont think it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭black47

Id agree with that. If it was opened for the All Ireland Final weekend i would be delighted. But I dont think it will happen.
    It's ok. Neither Limerick or Tipperary will need to be travelling to Croker on that day.....

black47 wrote: »
    It's ok. Neither Limerick or Tipperary will need to be travelling to Croker on that day.....

It will be a Galway Tipp Final. You heard it here first. The premier for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

It will be a Galway Tipp Final. You heard it here first. The premier for the win.

Kerry will need the M7 anyway for the all ireland football final or more precise we will need the M7 every year :P

The roadworks at the interchange will be finished on June 5th. Taken from the Tipp county council website. I pass this road weekly. There is two months to complete the interchange and most of the heavy earthworks is finished. The new mainline earth works is done. As far as I can see 4 of the ramps to the interchange is dug. The Mainline is nearly ready to connect the Nenagh bypass to the Castletown scheme.

The bulk of the Mainline is done except its final layers. It can be easily done in 2 months, given the good weather and longer days we have.

They partially opened the N6 and N9 schemes in phrases. So it's very likely they will finsihed the Nenagh to Monegall section by summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Whoever said they would open that short section, apart from you ????

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Whoever said they would open that short section, apart from you ????

Does it bother you that I can say it (like everything else that bothers you when I have something to say :D). You really do seem to put so much focus on finding someway you can respond sarcastically to me. But whatever.

I never said it was going to open because of me. Read my post again, and maybe you would know what I said.

I gave an account of where the road is at. The Nenagh to Moneygall section can be finished by summer. The latter half is opened by October. They opened phase sections of the M6, M8, M9 motorways. The fact of the matter the M7 is way behind other schemes and if the Nenagh bypass to Moneygall was finished they will open it. The have done the same with the M9 opening a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mysterious wrote: »
    misc.blah
    You just made it up Mysterious. Admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

No one else has said there will be a partial opening on this scheme.

Email the NRA and come back to us with what they plan to open. Just because some CBM is laid and one or two overbridges are done does not justify a partial opening. J24 doesnt looked like it will be completed for another 6 months possibly. I'm not convinced this scheme will be completed by October anyway possible April 2011 as I predicted at the start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement