Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Eircom League

• 17-04-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Bray Wanderers V Derry City
    Carlisle Grounds - Friday - 7:45PM
    Cork City V Finn Harps
    Turner's Cross - Friday - 7:45PM
    St. Patrick's Athletic V Cobh Ramblers
    Richmond Park - Friday - 7:45PM
    Shamrock Rovers V U.C.D.
    Tolka Park - Friday - 8:00PM
    Sligo Rovers V Galway United
    The Showgrounds - Saturday - 8:00PM
    Drogheda United V Bohemians
    United Park - Sunday - 7:00PM
    LIVE ON Setanta Sports

We have a mini injury crisis thats forcing us to play only 1 international at the back :D
    We should win but would take 1-0 and save a performance for our next league game.
    Ryan
    Lynch Partridge Harris Frost
    Guy Fahey Dempsey Kirby
    O neill Quigley

With keane to get a decent run as sub.

Sunday night match is intertesting dunno if the time is worth it, do know when we play at that time i be pished by kick off.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hmmmmm, no First Division matches there my friend

I shall be at Shelbourne vs Sporting Fingal in Morton Stadium

I did look at the Sunday night match but there are no trains to Dublin by the time it's over. Some of us depend on public transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fingal -v- Shels, the real Dublin derby.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Fingal -v- Shels, the real Dublin derby.:D

I'll be the one glaring across at you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm going to Derry vs Bray. I hate Bray more than any other team in the league. It gives me great pleasure to see them get beat.

dsmythy wrote: »

I'll be the specy one most likely waving a flag at the front, or taking some pictures.:D Often shouting abuse at Robbie Doyle and Mr.Crest-Kisser.;)

• Advertisement

Limerick 37 V Dundalk
    Jackman Park, Friday, 7:45

Sporting Fingal V Shelbourne
    Morton Stadium, Friday, 7:45

Waterford United V Kildare County
    RSC, Friday, 7:45

Wexford Youths V Athlone Town
    Ferrycarrig Park, Friday, 8:00

Longford Town V Monaghan United
    Flancare Park, Saturday, 7:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah, the ONE.

Shít club, no fans. Shít club, no fans.

You know, it's nice to have some other team to slag about their fanbase.:)

Often shouting abuse at Robbie Doyle and Mr.Crest-Kisser.;)
    Caaaaaaaaappppppttttaaaaaiiinnnnn Kissssssssscccccrrrrreeeeessssstttttt.

As for that other "starred out word that I'd get banned for typing". God, I hate him so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1st division fans, the world is mad.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    1st division fans, the world is mad.
    So, when SPA's wild spending ways catch up to them, when your American Sugar Daddy legs it, and when you lot get "Shelegated", you will stop supporting them, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We have a mini injury crisis thats forcing us to play only 1 international at the back :D
    We should win but would take 1-0 and save a performance for our next league game.
    Ryan
    Lynch Partridge Harris Frost
    Guy Fahey Dempsey Kirby
    O neill Quigley
    kdjac
    You'd take 1-0? C'mon this ones got at least 3-0 written all over it. Its Cobh that your lot are playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

DesF wrote: »

As for that other "starred out word that I'd get banned for typing". God, I hate him so much.

I think he's missing tonight.

I have a feeling this will be a 1-1 draw but the 15/8 on Shels with Lads is a tad generous imo.

So, when SPA's wild spending ways catch up to them, when your American Sugar Daddy legs it, and when you lot get "Shelegated", you will stop supporting them, yeah?

When? is he leaving :mad:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Will be going to Jackman Park tonight, Limerick have been playing some good football lately and were unlikely with only getting a point in Athlone last weekend. I expect a really tight game .
    Pighead, are you coming down to Limerick for the match ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tough game for Shels tonight. Has draw written all over it.
    Think we could knick it 2-1 though.

lol

Pighead doesn't go to matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Will be going to Jackman Park tonight, Limerick have been playing some good football lately and were unlikely with only getting a point in Athlone last weekend. I expect a really tight game .
    lol

Pighead doesn't go to matches in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think a draw away to Limerick would be an really respectable result. Especially with Dundalk not being at their best in the last few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The place is a kip.
    Hate it so much.

Trip down does be great craic though.
    Down there in two weeks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Yea have been to a Limerick game before and it isnt the best ground but the craic was good. Cant go tonught though cause it's too damn far and dont finish work till 5. Also have a stag wkend which means i prob won't even know the scores till Monday, when MrJoeSoap has me sitting on top of the leaderboard!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cork city to beat harps 3-0

ramblers to get a draw with pats 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah, the ONE.

You know, it's nice to have some other team to slag about their fanbase.:)

Sure yous have had over a centurys head start over us. Gizza chance! :pac::pac:

3-2 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SRFC to win 2 - 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i've a big feeling my local franchise are going to do one over the mighty Shels tonight, if 'Crest Kisser' Rogers or 'Big Time' Robbie Doyle score it will rub salt into the wounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I don't usually feel the urge to engage at this level, :pac:, but, for once, Go Shels. The whole league is behind you. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Full times

Rovers 1 - 1 UCD FT
    Cork City 3 - 0 Finn Harps FT
    St. Pats 1 - 0 Cobh FT
    Bray 1 - 0 Derry FT

poor game as expected tho we looked tired and "lethargic" cobh threatened but not sure if they had a shot. Fahey played some good balls, Guy was good but tired and made schoolboy errors late on.

Biggest worry Partridge went off injured/ or in a huff cos he wasnt booked and didnt get to hurt someone.

Cobh arent bad but we are much much better just didnt show it.

18/21 not bad at all.

Cork winning and playing ball too......interesting.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

had them..****ing had them and threw it away. plenty of chances to win in stoppage time too. raging

had them..****ing had them and threw it away. plenty of chances to win in stoppage time too. raging

how was their defence?

kdjac

how was their defence?

kdjac
    bit dodgy, hard to tell though as the game was scrappy for first hour or so, then they changed to three at the back which left plenty of gaps.

keeper was very dodgy, seemed a bit nervous. should of put him under pressure with high balls into dangerous area but didn't.

paul byrne should have won us the game- hit the post with an open goal when 1-0 up, missed from 6 yards in acres of space in stoppage time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

stovelid wrote: »
    SRFC to win 2 - 0

:o

Just in. Disappointing game. We didn't really turn up.

Coleman was quite shaky throughout, and was at fault for the goal. Not helped by what seemed like sarcastic applause when he took goal kicks.

Thought it was all over after Purcell's peno, but Amond took chance well with literally minutes to spare at the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

UCD outplayed us and deserved at least a 0-2 win if not more. Your pace ripped us to shreds when you cleared the hoofs forward.

Panic substitutions at half time and sending eight players up for a hoof freekick with 2 minutes of the second half gone as if it was the last kick is real desperation time.

dfx- wrote: »
    Your pace ripped us to shreds

Awesomeness, will maguire be dropped? We have 9 days off till that game afaik only our subs/u18s playing on monday vs UCD.

kdjac

Dunno. Could be anyone at this stage. Murphy and Ferguson were out tonight, Murphy supposedly injured. O'Connor in at centre-half from left back for the last few games despite being a central midfielder.

The pace running at back four/three/two/some amount was only a problem when Rovers couldn't win the second ball in midfield..which was all the time.

Dunno. Could be anyone at this stage. Murphy and Ferguson were out tonight, Murphy supposedly injured. O'Connor in at centre-half from left back for the last few games despite being a central midfielder.

The pace running at back four/three/two/some amount was only a problem when Rovers couldn't win the second ball in midfield..which was all the time.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5535&page=8

Are you in this ? tbh crackin idea play you lot then go to mcdowells and get a bus to tolka. This sunday thing could be a winner.

kdjac

So are we, so are we.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good win for City last night. Pretty much stopped at the 3rd goal. Harps are an awful awful side. Easily the worst I have seen at th Cross since Monaghan in the 2001/2002 season. Colin Healy is beginning to show his class at last, while Joe Gambles odd season continues. Kearney is also beginning to show shades of his 2005 form.

That being said, if City play like that against Drogs on Friday, Drogs will walk away easy winners.

And this wouldn't b an eL post of mine without mentioning Mathews OUT!

gimmick wrote: »

And this wouldn't b an eL post of mine without mentioning Mathews OUT!

:D

Doing alright so far.

UCD outplayed us and deserved at least a 0-2 win if not more. Your pace ripped us to shreds when you cleared the hoofs forward.

Panic substitutions at half time and sending eight players up for a hoof freekick with 2 minutes of the second half gone as if it was the last kick is real desperation time.
    I didn't were we all that good ourselves either. Brian King (our no. 6) had a brilliant game and bossed the midfield but we lacked a cutting edge, as usual, and I doubt we would have scored or created many chances in the second half if we hadn't gone a goal up, which was very fortuitous goal (but should have been dealt with by defence).

In fairness I think the subs were justified- Martin was doing nothing and McGill was a passenger in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Absolutely sickened for the Limerick V Dundalk game.

In fairness Dundalk were the better side overall but for Limerick to miss a penalty in the last minute of the game was a major kick in the nuts .

Final Score Dundalk 2 - 1 Limerick 37

P.S Ref was dodgy as fuuuuck!

Are you in this ? tbh crackin idea play you lot then go to mcdowells and get a bus to tolka. This sunday thing could be a winner.

Nup not me, interesting though
    I didn't were we all that good ourselves either. Brian King (our no. 6) had a brilliant game and bossed the midfield but we lacked a cutting edge, as usual, and I doubt we would have scored or created many chances in the second half if we hadn't gone a goal up, which was very fortuitous goal (but should have been dealt with by defence).

In fairness I think the subs were justified- Martin was doing nothing and McGill was a passenger in midfield.

I think you lacked someone to put the round thing in between the posts than picking the defender on the line, mis-hitting it or hitting the post. Rovers hardly got past the 18 yard line. Maguire and O'Connor were pulled apart and we bypassed the midfield. Couldn't pass the ball, caught on the ball by UCD strikers, it was a nightmare.

Rovers are great when 1-0 up. When it's 0-1, there's big trouble. Same as Cobh last week. Could beat and be beaten by anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

An honest Shams fan? Good Lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

3-0!!!!:D:D:D yes,yes,yes! all in the first half, 2nd half was a matter of playin out the minutes, Mons hardley threatened. good times, can we play ye every week???:p

Good turn-out? Any banners dedicated to the late Enda Muldowney??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Good turn-out? Any banners dedicated to the late Enda Muldowney??

There was a decent turn out, big crowd of The SectionO lads and fair play to them, they had a large banner dedicated to Enda, I'm sure he would have enjoyed those 3 points...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Setanta, Drogheda, Bohs and a good bit of laziness have convinced me to stay home, tickets only on sale till 5pm today, no tickets at the stiles and Drogheda dont want Bohs fans travelling by public transport.

Fancy Drogheda big time in this.

Getting their big names back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

bohsman wrote: »
    Setanta, Drogheda, Bohs and a good bit of laziness have convinced me to stay home, tickets only on sale till 5pm today, no tickets at the stiles and Drogheda dont want Bohs fans travelling by public transport.
    Drogheda demanded that the Bohs ticket allocation be sold and accounted for by 2:30pm on Friday so that someone up there could knock off early. That's an expensive early finish!

Obviously, when your proposed new stadium involves developing half of Meath you don't worry too much about how you treat opposing fans.

Rather than hang around Drogheda for two hours (tickets sales there bizarrely close at 5pm today) this punter is going to walk the dog and watch the match on Setanta.
    I'll be happy with a draw.

Drogheda - Bohs live on Setanta Ireland now.

Or if you have Eircom broadband http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/Live.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

What a goal.

Amazing goal indeed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement