Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Eircom League

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Cant remember the last time we scored directly from a free kick, Paul Byrne or Simon Webb at least 3 years ago Id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Wow. What a cool finish. Best Ive seen Bohs play in years. Brennan really needs to calm down tho.

Wish Id gone now, horrible watching on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Just got back from the Drogs game. Hate to admit it, but Bohs deserved their win.

The quality of the refereeing was the worst I have ever witnessed at an EL match - and that is saying something! In the end it became a bit of a lottery with free kicks being awarded for no apparent reason and yellow cards being needlessly waved. By half way through the second half we gave up being angry and just laughed at the farcical decisions. Stopped laughing when the clown awarded the injury time penalty, though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

PDN wrote: »
    The quality of the refereeing was the worst I have ever witnessed at an EL match - and that is saying something!

It's Alan Kelly what did you expect.:D Plus the refereeing in the Premier is a million times better than the muppets in the 1st Divison.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I hate those type of peno's. It ok for other teams that i dont support to do it but I hate when my tam do it as i always think they will miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ibh wrote: »
    I think a draw away to Limerick would be an really respectable result. Especially with Dundalk not being at their best in the last few games.

Dundalk my friend might i remind you , before this game top of the league 3points clear and unbeatan. . . So while performances don't mean jack in the first division . . . It's all about grinding out the win any way you can . . Oh dundalk ended up winning 2 1 in a sloppy game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Alan Kelly + Match on television = Bad refereeing.

Not the worst in the league though anymore. He has tough competition from Hancock and Tom Connolly, particularly Connolly.

I have never seen as bad a performance from a set of officials as the Rovers Cork game at Tolka...followed by his cancelling of Cobh's goal in Drogheda the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

It's Alan Kelly what did you expect.:D Plus the refereeing in the Premier is a million times better than the muppets in the 1st Divison.:mad:

Apparently we had eastern european officials at our game... This may or may not be true, i have a vague recollection of the mention....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Sarge wrote: »
    Dundalk my friend might i remind you , before this game top of the league 3points clear and unbeatan. . . So while performances don't mean jack in the first division . . . It's all about grinding out the win any way you can . . Oh dundalk ended up winning 2 1 in a sloppy game.

Yea we have been getting the results but the quality in the play hasn't been there so far. But the bonus is that we are still grinding out the results. Last year we were thumping teams left, right and centre for the first half a dozen games but then fell away badly.
    This season we have looked a little bit short on quality up front. Vaughan ain't good enough imo and its too early to expect Mulvenna to being doing the business every week. On the plus side Cassidy has been excellent everytime i have seen him play this year.
    Delighted we are still top of the league and as i have pointed out here before, we have played a good few tough away games already,(Longford, Shels, Fingal and now Limerick) and got good results out of each of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Fabulous performance. Completely bossed Drogheda, apart from a brief spell after their ludicrously lucky goal. Bit of style about the team, despite the opposition's continued determination to snuff the joy out of football.

Byrne shouldn't have been sent off, but Robinson should have walked for some brutal stuff, in particular his appalling assault on Conor Powell.

Edit: two beauties - one a free kick, the other a penalty - from Killian B, and a Drogs goal I'd be embarrassed to score: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5qrJqRI9eM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SectionF wrote: »

Obviously, when your proposed new stadium involves developing half of Meath you don't worry too much about how you treat opposing fans.

Drogheda have been treating opposition fans and officials like dirt for as long as I care to remember.

Mr Zardock in particular is a nasty piece of work.

They are the new shels in so many ways its frightning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Drogheda have been treating opposition fans and officials like dirt for as long as I care to remember.
    Agreed 100% tbh.

That wanker with the glasses, what a tosser.

He had a go at us one time for talking to one fo the other club officials :confused:
    They are the new shels in so many ways its frightning.
    :rolleyes:

Is it possible for you to make a single post, just one, in which you don't take a snide swipe at someone ot other?

You are getting tiresome at this stage.

You ever hear the phrase, "if you've nothing good to say, then stfu"?

You need to take that advice.

Yes, I do realise the irony of this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

DesF wrote: »
    Agreed 100% tbh.

That wanker with the glasses, what a tosser.

He had a go at us one time for talking to one fo the other club officials :confused:

:rolleyes:

Is it possible for you to make a single post, just one, in which you don't take a snide swipe at someone ot other?

You are getting tiresome at this stage.

You ever hear the phrase, "if you've nothing good to say, then stfu"?

You need to take that advice.

Yes, I do realise the irony of this post.

Its a legitimate comparison Des, no swiping at all.

Spending multiples more than they are getting on wages.

Selling a ground they don't own to property speculators

A chief executive who was blunt to the point of pig ignorant to the opposition.

A reputation for awful football and not getting the best out of their squad.

Its not all that controversial Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

UCD 2-0 Pats

:(

Ryan
    Byrne Rooney Brennan Frost
    Ryan Keane Dempsey Kirby
    Guy hannon

Fagan came on for frost who went off injured.

wasnt at the game, we were **** afaik.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Supposely 2 cracking goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Supposely 2 cracking goals.
    decent enough, first was a very good header from a corner, second well worked move- spread the ball from right to left, winger cut inside the full back, crossed, chested down by striker to oncoming midfielder who let fly from 20 yards. pity there was no camera to capture it

Advertisement