Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement kitchen doors Noyeks vs. In-House

Options
  • 17-04-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Want to replace the kitchen doors for solid oak (with veneered centre panel) doors. Noyeks are coming out at €1,420 while In-House (the Panelling Centre) is €1,720 for identical looking doors. Shaker style. Both quotes seem reasonable.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these companies and their replacement doors? If the quality of Noyeks is good - then I would like to save the money.

However, if it is a case of you get what you pay for then the extra €300 would be worth it.

And of course, if anyone has any reservations about either of these companies, I would like to hear about them. For example, is there somewhere better I should be trying.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

afaik they are the same company -noyeks bought the pannelling centre a good few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

Interesting! Been doing further research and both companies seem fine, so I will head to Noyeks and save some money!!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gunner25

Do not buy from either of them. I am in the trade and dealt with Noyek when they where Newmans and Panelling center when they where on there own as individual company. They used to be trade only but now have moved to a more BnQ type company after series of mergers and renaming. Now, prices are highher and quality is lower. Believe me I know. The standard of door is below that supplying to trade. That is the catch people forget about when trying to cut corners and buy stuff direct. You think you are smart finding what you consider are low prices and then you realise that its not so cheap when too late. Hope this helps you. Need any more info, let me know....

Hi gunner25

Thanks for your comments. However, you have not given me an alternative! Have you any suggestions about where I might go to get good replacement oak doors. The existing carcasses are still in perfect order and I have someone who will hang them. He is not in the business of actually supplying kitchen doors, so any help re: sourcing would be welcome.

Someone said (ages ago, maybe not here) that Colliers on the Airport Road are good - but that they only supply trade. I have (another) friend who is a builder/renovater, so maybe he could actually do the deal - if Colliers will not talk to the public.

Any help most gratefully received.

Sorry for delay.

Colliers do sell 'fairly good' standard of door. Reason I dont say 'great' is because a lot of there products are imported and only history will tell exact quality. But I would think pretty good from the doors I have used from them. They do not sell to public so if you have a friend, use his vat no or company name. You can call into colliers yourself. I send my dublin customers in there as good range of stuff - recently built new showroom. They are in airways industrial park. Personally I buy most of my oak doors from a manufacturer in Derry. I know them for years and have visited there plant many times so I know the product is quality and they are reasonably prices. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further info...Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Gunner25

What is the name/address of the company in Derry who you use to supply kitchen doors? I would like to investigate further. Thanks.

The company are called In doors Ltd. I dont believe they have a website. If you cannot get info on them, let me know and I will get you contact numbers of rep. I just havent time here right now. Monday nmorning trying to catch up...Later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ushuaia

Hi gunner, thanks for the info, I am also interested in contacting this company. My husband will be in Derry tomorrow and I can't find this company in the UK yellow pages. Can you post a phone number and/or address on the thread or pm me the details please?

many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Katzi wrote: »

And of course, if anyone has any reservations about either of these companies, I would like to hear about them. For example, is there somewhere better I should be trying.

Thank you

I dealt with Noyeks last year for solid oak doors (Raheen) and any wood heads I have shown the doors to are impressed. For my own afterhours woodworking experience I would have to say the quality of the door is second to none, the packaging was first class, delivery and price all above board.

My only reservation is that the product is being finished outside Ireland somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭renedescartes

Hi katzi,
    I am thinking of replacing my doors and I am wondering how you got on. Did you decide which supplier and why? I would appreciate any help
    Michael

• Advertisement

Hi renedescartes/michael

I have not yet bought the replacement doors (doing other bits of remodelling first), But I will be going ahead with In House on the advice of a trusted friend who is in the building and renovation business. He reckons In House have the edge on Noyeks in both quality and service.

I intend to ask my questions/buy sample in In House Sallynoggin and go - with the man who is going to help fit them - to the Deansgrange (trade) branch. He is a builder and should get them at a better price than I could.

Originally I was concerned about the fact that the centre panel was veneered and not also solid, but I rang Nolans (who supplied my original kitchen) and that is what they supply now as well.

Hope this helps. Will give feedback when I have the job done.

Advertisement