Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Trade Thread

• 17-04-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

Post all your

- Trade rumours
    - Desired trades
    - Trades that have worked out well
    - Trades that should never have been made

in this thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'll kick this off.

While watching Baseball Tonight just now, I saw David Murphy (Texas) grounding out against the BJs.

It got me to thinking-was Theo Epstein on ether or something heavier when he traded Murphy and Gabbard for Gag ne.

Also, unrelated to any of the above-are the Sox keeping Crisp?

And, do the Yankees trade for starting pitching before July?

Noooooo. The Red Sox designate Tavarez for assignment, hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end for Joolien, one of my favourite Sox players.

On the flip side, perhaps this is a sign that Hansen is finally ready for a full time major league roll.

Also, if this is the end for Joolien, then surely Timlin can't be far behind?

And Jays fans, how would you like Coco Crisp? That guy can mash in a dome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Yeah i'd have thought Timlin would go before Tavarez tbh

Another homer off Timlin last night was there? Just caught glimpse of boxscore.

The blogger on the Boston Globe is coming round to my way of thinking-Buchholz for the bullpen and Colon for the rotation.

So, do the Yanks go with Rasner and Hughes/Kennedy for the rest of the season or take a chance on Sabathia in/before July? Or what about Rich Harden (assuming Oakland fall away and he stays off the DL)?

Let's face it-Kei Igawa is not a major league pitcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Think the sox may be blinded a little by loyalty to Timlin.. Think he should probably hang it up.. He looks cooked.. Taverez gave the sox alot of unselfish inns in the last couple of years.. fair play to him.. Figure the sox have a trade in the works, he won't be back anyway i reckon.. Hope that hansen will give us some power pitching now.. lets hope he is ready cause he defo has the stuff..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Kevin Mench and Brad Wilkerson ftw. :(

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    The blogger on the Boston Globe is coming round to my way of thinking-Buchholz for the bullpen and Colon for the rotation.

So, do the Yanks go with Rasner and Hughes/Kennedy for the rest of the season or take a chance on Sabathia in/before July? Or what about Rich Harden (assuming Oakland fall away and he stays off the DL)?

Let's face it-Kei Igawa is not a major league pitcher.

Really? I was actually thinking Buchholz was growing into the starters role. I honestly don't see Colon doing anything more impressive.

Yeah I honestly would be stumped if Igawa plays again unless its a day/nighter or more Injuries. I know we spent 40 mill and they dont want to waste it but he showed against the tigers he only has 1 pitch and it stinks.

Yeah i've been impressed with Rasner, just attacks the strikezone. Early to say but he might be able to hold out for a season touch wood. Hughes will defo be around, Kennedy i'd say is more 50/50.

I've read a few rumours of Bonds to the jays. Personally i think it fits. Media pressure woulnt be AS much as say in NY. I reckon he'd hit well up there and you's need it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Yeah Rasner has done well, don't think there is any doubt that he will be around for another month and maybe more.. Igawa has been dreadful, betting old george is wondering is every japenese pitcher like him or Irabu!!!!

Don't think they will send Bucholtz to pen, it makes no sense as he is the future and has no history of throwing in the pen, it's a different animal, and there isn't much chance they would risk his future i think. He may go back to triple A to limit his inns for later in the season, as i think they will give Colon a shot for a month or so anyway.. Its a case of, have you got anything in the tank??

Personally i think they will go this route, and if Timlin does go, then maybe bring up Synder as the long man in the pen..

Bonds to Jays?? Why not, what else have they to lose.. no offence to Matt Stairs but Bonds is surely an upgrade, would be interesting to see how much he would be looking for.. He's still got a massive ego, so imagine he would want a decent contract..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I heard the entire Blue Jays offence were offered to a child for his lollipop. The child declined...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I heard the entire Blue Jays offence were offered to a child for his lollipop. The child declined...

Wouldn't blame the child....:(

• Advertisement

Sox trade Corey to the Padres for Player To Be Named (PTBN) plus $.

Any news on who they are looking at in exchange for Tavarez?

Being honest i did not see the red sox involved in any trades before the yankees :D

So which NL team(s) want Lester (pitches to contact) and Crisp (great defensive player-ok no arm, only average hitter in AL)?

I would take Gonzalez back from Atlanta (lovely move by the Sox to trade him for Scott Saurbeck (legend ;)) AFAIR) and Soriano from the same team-pity they have Mark Kotsay in CF.

Or how 'bout Crisp plus cash to SD for Cla Meredith (given up to get Doug Mirabelli back).

Wishful thinking.........

The Red Sox blogger on the Boston Globe site raises an interesting prospect-sign (free agent) Barry Bonds to replace the injured Big Papi.

Fascinating prospect-regardless of how you feel about the guy!

Mind you, with so many of the Sox games on the road against NL teams over the next month Ortiz could very well have sat a lot anyway..

Advertisement