Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow - Laois - April 17 2008.

Options
  • 17-04-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

In Portlaoise today at 4.20pm it snowed. Yes snowed. I could not believe it. Lovely sunny weather one minute, next it was snowing. On the way home through Abbeyleix shortly after 6pm it was snowing again. Unreal. Anyone else get snow today?

PS: And, no it was not soft hail. It was snow.

I shoulda took a photo but was driving at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Danno wrote: »
    Anyone else get snow today?

Congrats Danno, just got rain here:) Was some intense looking showers over the Galway Mts as I was driving into the city earlier. I would not be surprised if they got a flake or two this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nice one Danno and well spotted MT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Was dry here, but also well done VP, it had the snow symbol for part of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes I got some snow on the way home from work yesterday - it was snowing in Spink around 5:30pm yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Some very slight half melted snow on the ground here this morning. 3.7c ATM

A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Thats prob the shower I drove through in Abbeyleix near 6pm then Darwin. Thankfully someone else verified it! I couldn't believe it. Esp with the temperatures so high. It was 8c on the outdoor thermometer when I got home.

Advertisement