Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Prices

Options
  • 18-04-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Some help please.......

I want to sell my Ford Focus, its a Zetec three door 1.4 with bluetooth and low mileage 2006

Can anybody tell me how much its worth selleing it private?
    And how much a garge would pay for it?

Will it be hard to sell?

I paid 21500 two years ago

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Exactly how much mileage? And yes it will be hard to sell, the second hand market is a buyers market, as it's full of second hand cars. A quick search on carzone for a 2006 1.4 focus brought up 414 results, so needless to say if you want it to sell you need to sell it cheap. Well first off tell us the mileage and we can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

It has 20,000km on it
    Very low after two years.....

Now from what i can see, i'd be saying ask €16500 but be prepared to accept lower. I've seen so many people stuck with cars for sale for months and months because they refuse to budge on the selling price. It's just something to keep in mind.

I found it hard to judge the price using carzone as a guide because 90perc of cars on it or from dearlers, any point trying a garage?

Carzone is a very poor gauge of the value of your car as 90% of cars are overpriced. Like i said if selling quickly is a priority, you need to sell it cheap. I'm really not sure what a garage would do for you on a part exchange it depends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think 16500 is a bit optimistic for a quick sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I recently saw a 2007 3dr Focus Zetec on a forecourt with a sticker price of €17,999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Fiona24

Im just after buying a 2004 Focus collection model, with 40k miles,
    guaranteed
    for a year for 12500 with my own little fiesta!! it was 13900 on its own. Im probably paying extra for it coz its from the garage but I know the service I get from the dealers and garage is top notch so its worth it to me. why dont you ring up a few garages and see what they'd give you for it and take the average then?

Garages dont seem interested in buying without a trade in or even giving a quote.....but i got three 14k and 15k twice.......would expect to get more selling it privatley though hopefully, its only two years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Well look at it this way, its going to decline by an average of 2000 a year over its life, and any new car is going to depreciate by twice the average in its first year, so a 2 year old model is going to be down 6000 or more, so 15k is not far off and 16,500 is optimistic. News cars come with severe depreciation in their first couple of years, which is why I buy 2 year old ones. I bought a 2 year Focus last year from a Ford garage for just over 16000, with a decent price for my trade in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement