Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned for life only to get back again?

Options
  • 18-04-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned for life on another forum. I couldn't even look at the forum because all I got was a banned message. Then I opened a new email address and I got a different IP address and got back on my user name is different so what is the point in banning people when they can get back on straight away?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It takes less effort for the admins to ban you than it does for you to get a new e-mail address and reregister.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

To get a second email address and register doesn't take long at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Habits die hard. Re-reging posters are often found out by the fact that they behave in pretty much the same manner as the account that got banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

The thing is when I re-registered to discuss in AH, I basically said nothing but I was still found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

We watch you all with our lazers too.

zap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Stark wrote: »
    It takes less effort for the admins to ban you than it does for you to get a new e-mail address and reregister.

Barely...

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

How easy is it to get a new IP address these days?

Maybe
    Gordon
    could fill us in...?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Pity PM inboxs cannot take brown envelopes. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Depends on your ISP.

Anyway... you wouldn't need a new IP.
    Unless you're Degsy I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's worth mentioning i'm actually bubbles..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

rb_ie wrote: »
    How easy is it to get a new IP address these days?

Maybe Degsy could fill us in...?
    What goes on in the thunderdome..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

basquille wrote: »

no i am o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Gordon wrote: »
    What goes on in the thunderdome..
    Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The thing is when I re-registered to discuss in AH, I basically said nothing but I was still found out.
    Why did you bother? /curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, you were a bit foolish about it tbh.

You posted with your "new" account in a thread, not on AH, where your esteban account had asked a question, there was one post which was answering the question, but your "new" account answered them saying thanks.

That's how you were found out.

Here, look.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol I thought esteban was aware that's how he'd been caught out. I await his inevitable face palm next time he's online.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sam Kade wrote: »
    To get a second email address and register doesn't take long at all.
    It takes you about 15 minutes longer to do this than the 3/4 clicks it takes us you ban you.

The interesting thing about forums is that when you actually want to take part, your personality will come through even when you're attempting to hide it.

Many re-reggers get flagged to us purely because of their behaviour, not because of email addresses or IP addresses.

Many re-reggers realise that they acted the tosser, and provided that they don't act the tosser when they come back, we tend to leave the alone.

We're not interested in stamping on everyone who's ever been banned. We're just trying to keep boards relatively low on the tosser concentration scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I was perm banned from boards for something silly I said on adverts. I was soon let back on though after I asked one of the admins wtf was going on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

DesF wrote: »

You posted with your "new" account in a thread, not on AH, where your esteban account had asked a question, there was one post which was answering the question, but your "new" account answered them saying thanks.

Here, look.

lol, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

void epicFail(&DesF); // :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I was banned for life on another forum.

Which forum was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Which forum was that?

/me takes a guess it was this form I know called www.boards.ie and this guy is being silly. Also @OP: Having to get a new email address, new IP address and creating a new account = not getting back on straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OP was banned from the motors section last year, for several reasons including personal abuse, stalking, charter violations) He was let back in the regular way afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

DesF wrote: »

Here, look.

LOL. God damn tasty beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

basquille wrote: »
    no i am o_O

No I'm Spar.. Bubbles

:pac:

No, I'm Spar.Aldarion!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tar.Aldirion has better special offers, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Screw all y'all - I'm going to Wal Mart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tar.Aldirion has better special offers, tbh.

You're a lidl off. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement