Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe??

Options
  • 18-04-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Am thinking of purchasing a year old new model hyundai coupe, anyone know anything about them? Or has anyone had any experience with this car? I test drove a new one but can't stretch the finances! My brother told me they haven't great resale value but that doesn't put me off!! I really think this car is gorgeous! Any advise anyone? Would really appreciate it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hyundai Coupes have excellent resale value. your brother doesn't know his cars.

year old models will still have 2 years warranty remaining, so no worries there, just watch out for accident repairs and outstanding finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 luvroad

28K new & there's a year old one on Carzone for 20K!!
    How's that for resale value???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oisie

Thanks luvroad, will look at carzone tomorrow! Sounds like a bargain to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that particular car is the exception. If you saw one Golf out of 44 priced lower than the rest, would you then go on to say Golfs don't hold their value.

I don't know what experience you're basing your opinion of Coupes on, but looking to 12 month old cars to get an idea of residuals isn't something I'd do.
    I could get €14,500 to €15,000 all day for a clean 04 1.6 coupe. they were €25k new back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Coupe sells well, they are stylish, cheap to run, cheap to insure and tax, this makes them very popular with young people. Clean used ones tend to be snapped up fairly quickly. The current models being around since 2002, still fetch decent money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

My wife used to have one (1.8) fantastic car.

Only downside is the rear sightlines are **** (fit a parking sensor if you can)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MadsL wrote: »
    My wife used to have one (1.8) fantastic car.

Only downside is the rear sightlines are **** (fit a parking sensor if you can)

Coupe was only available in 1.6, 2.0 and 2.7 litre. No 1.8 litre I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I used to have one as well, got an excellent trade in deal on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that particular car is the exception. If you saw one Golf out of 44 priced lower than the rest, would you then go on to say Golfs don't hold their value.

I don't know what experience you're basing your opinion of Coupes on, but looking to 12 month old cars to get an idea of residuals isn't something I'd do.
    I could get €14,500 to €15,000 all day for a clean 04 1.6 coupe. they were €25k new back then.

+1
    couldn't have said it better myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sisters boyfriend has had two 03 and 05 (current) and 97,000km later till going strong. The only this he has noticed is the leather on both wore fairly badly from jumping in and out. Also he's 6 foor 5 so one of the two back seats is redundant. I know i'm talking about the older model, but it'll just give u and idea. Personally i like the older facelifted model.
    Something like this
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Coupe/1.6-FX/1011307/

Best of luck
    LM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Sisters boyfriend has had two 03 and 05 (current) and 97,000km later till going strong. The only this he has noticed is the leather on both wore fairly badly from jumping in and out. Also he's 6 foor 5 so one of the two back seats is redundant. I know i'm talking about the older model, but it'll just give u and idea. Personally i like the older facelifted model.
    Something like this
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Coupe/1.6-FX/1011307/

Best of luck
    LM

Why buy that from a dealer when you can get this one for 2k less!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=53510&cat=2

Ronanom wrote: »
    Why buy that from a dealer when you can get this one for 2k less!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=53510&cat=2

Lol
    Hence "something like this"... Wasn't really showing the price, just showing the car:D...I'll make sure to do my research next time:p

Lol
    Hence "something like this"... Wasn't really showing the price, just showing the car:D...I'll make sure to do my research next time:p

Still though, great bargain ;)

Still though, great bargain ;)

Wouldn't be urs would it:rolleyes:

Wouldn't be urs would it:rolleyes:

:D

:D

Sounds dodgy lol:p