Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

binmen

Options
  • 18-04-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

what are your binmen like,helpful and nice?..or complete assholes,mine are sound,take extra bags or untagged bin,basically theyll take anything for us without question..means an awful lot too in these days of charges,any viewa?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

sorry,views.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Firstly, instead of making another post, why don't you use the "edit" button?

Secondly, what exactly is the point you're trying to make? That binmen are sound if the take your overfull, untagged bin (probably full of stuff that could/should have been recycled), but that they're "assholes" if they don't?

Close your feckin bin, pay the bin tax, tag it and shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

T-Maxx wrote: »

Secondly, what exactly is the point you're trying to make? That binmen are sound if the take your overfull, untagged bin (probably full of stuff that could/should have been recycled), but that they're "assholes" if they don't?

If you dont have a car how the fcuk can you get rid of glass?

Are you meant to throw glass in the black bin anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

allright gopher,sure ask t-maxx,he seems to have all the answers to these issues..lol.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

greatgoal banned from the Dublin 15 forum for two weeks for personal abuse. If you'd like to be let back in when your ban expires please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

T-Maxx wrote: »

It was late when I looked at this last night and I overlooked this post. T-Maxx, tone it down in future or I may be compelled to take the banstick out again. Please consider this your first and final warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Every housing estate should have a set of bottle banks at thier entrance.
    ATm if you don't have a car really you have to be willing to get a bus to the centre and use the bottle bank besides the drive thru McD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    If you dont have a car how the fcuk can you get rid of glass?

Pop them in a box and get on the bus

OR

Ask a friend to take them to the bottle bank for you as a favour.

But back to your qs. - never have any probs with my binmen. Just put the bin out stuffed to the top with the lid close, tag attached and it gets collected.

I worry tho that someone will nick the tag - I put the bin and tag out the night before cause they collect it very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The issue I've always had is the binmen leaving the empty bins scattered on the road, not on the footpath where the bins were left. Quite frustrating as the road is narrow enough.

I reported the issue to FCC a few years ago but nothing changed. :(

Advertisement