Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basquille's Boards.ie Blurb

Options
  • 18-04-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭

So some feedback required please all.

I was thinking of putting together a daily vidcast called 'Basquille's Boards Blurb'..

And it's kind of an odd idea but it would have (semi) professional opening titles, (semi) professional closing titles but the content would be me just saying (or shouting) something briefly and random from what I've observed on Boards during the day.

The content would be something similar to Ollie Williams in 'Family Guy':

So for yesterday, it might have been '"1 WORD: MORE DATASTORE ERRORS!"'.

Bit of a short shelf life really but thought I might throw it out there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

ROFL... definatly do it... you could answer random questions given to you on boards very quickly....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If done right it could be hilarious. It would need to be something that most people would know about for it to work well (the datastore errors are a great example of that).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ROFL... definatly do it... you could answer random questions given to you on boards very quickly....
    Yep, it could branch into a Q&A quite nicely.

I had that in mind at one stage that I'd keep to a style in the vidcast.. like answering every question in one sentence or using a set number of words and it cut away instantly (to the next question) when it's answered.
    If done right it could be hilarious. It would need to be something that most people would know about for it to work well (the datastore errors are a great example of that).
    Yep, agreed!

You couldn't just browse AH and pick a random quote by rb_ie or Pighead to comment on.. unless it was a popular thread which seems to be getting most attention on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Why not just film yourself around the many tourist attractions of Sligo while dressed in a skimpy manner?

Why not just film yourself around the many tourist attractions of Sligo while dressed in a skimpy manner?

Nah, don't have the womanly bits for it...

We can't all have bodies like Aine Chambers sculpted exactly in God's vision of perfection!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Guess you've got the one for today. "I'M AINE CHAMBERS".

Guess you've got the one for today. "I'M AINE CHAMBERS".
    Ha.. spot on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

More like

"AHHHHHHHHH THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

that sounds cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Go for it basquille. *thumbs up*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I endorse this product and/or service.

Oh, and wear a hat/multiple hats.

First one.. and christ, it's brutal!

Couldn't think of anything witty on the spot and made an arse of it! :o

Apologies for the small font on the question.. best to watch it fullscreen methinks!

(any criticism of my accent will result in the chinese burn of a lifetime.. you have been warned! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Guess you are gonna have to give me THE chinese burn, but i do like the finger action at the end, authoritative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Needed more of a fist slamming. :D Not too bad though.

Cheers lads..

Good show basq!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I like the idea but Jaysus you just went on and on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Nice idea, bad presentation. The content itself is grand out, but there is way too much working up to it for what was there in the end. If you cut the opening down to about the 5 second mark you're a lot more likely to hold peoples attention as the series goes on IMO. That was the nice thing about the Ollie Williams bits on Family Guy, get in make the joke get out.

Good point Aidan.

But the reason for the long intro was part of the joke was that it would be a semi-professional long buildup and then a quick reaction.

But it probably did go on a bit long.

I have to say, the vid of Basq. was made all the funnier by the super serious intro. I really liked it, we'll give it a mention on the next podcast. Good job man!

• Advertisement

Cheers tbh... the super serious intro was the only redeeming feature in my opinion.

Might put up another "daily" podcast before the end of the week! :D

the thing is, with that intro, anything you'd do would be funny, I think it worked really well :)

My second vidcast will be uploaded shortly.. any chance either monkeyfudge, tbh, Wilburt, DesF could rename the thread to be "Basquille's Boards Blurb" (if and when he sees it)?

Thanks in advance.

Bit longer this week... enjoy!

Feedback is appreciated, as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Very good. Pity YouTube leaked the gag though.

Very good. Pity YouTube leaked the gag though.
    Cheers aidan.

I chose a less obvious image as the video still but YouTube say "Note: it can take up to 6 hours for your image to be updated.".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ROFLMFAO

awesome!!!!!

Cheers nerin.. glad you liked.

No-one else notice the date error? I just noticed it there... GREAT SCOT!

The "You just got monkey-rolled, bitch" part was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Lulz, I like it.
    Monkey rolling
    is strangely arousing.

Advertisement