Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City 1/2 to beat Finn Harps

Options
  • 18-04-2008 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

Standout price with William Hill.

Take it as it will be gone soon.

Treble of

Shamrock Rovers 4/7
    St. Pats 4/11
    Cork City 1/2

comes out at just above 2/1.

3 Homes wins looks a good possibility.

Lay Derry vs Bray.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

Good shout applehunter, you'd expect them to win alright. Harps haven't scored in their last 3 and conceded 7, whereas Cork are just after finding their scoreing boots putting 3 past Galway and beating Cliftonville 2-0. I've had a few quid on Pats at 4/9 home to Cobh myself. I know Cobh had a good result last week but Richmond Park is a different story and Pats were impressive mid week. Should hopefully do the business for me.

In the first division I really fancy Dundalk to beat Limerick at 6/5. Waterford should beat Kildare at the RSC too but 4/7 isn't much of a price.

Only the Pat's bet for now but might put a small dobule or treble on later, will wait and see on team news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Fingal V Shels

Shels are 15/8 with Lads which is a tad generous imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Don't like betting on Irish league lads, just think there's not enough goals in it. But seeing as I just lost on the Swedish league. **** it what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

63587614 wrote: »
    Don't like betting on Irish league lads, just think there's not enough goals in it. But seeing as I just lost on the Swedish league. **** it what the hell.

I'm amazed you know anything about all these crazy leagues you bet on in fairness. Germany, Sweden etc, not what most Irish people know. Bad beat with Elfsborg it seems but you probably get good odds with bookies with a predominately Irish customer base, so your wins are quite good! Don't let you Swedish defeat get you down lol!!!!

Have never bet on Irish league. Might make tonight a first... But as Waterford have only ever been a source of despair to me, I don't know could I trust them with my money. We'll wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

lol thats class, i might put it in my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

is the 1/2 still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Come on Cork City boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

raheny red wrote: »
    Fingal V Shels

Shels are 15/8 with Lads which is a tad generous imo.

I was thinking 7/4 for Fingal was a bit big. Bias from me though perhaps.

On the Cork 1/2 i prefer to look at pure league form when considering a league match personally. They beat the awful Galway otherwise at home in the league they have not been impressive. 1/2 is probably about the right price. I'll leave it alone myself this time.

Hope it wins for yez!

I've backed Waterford against Kildare at 4/7 and nibbled at the draw in the Rovers/UCD game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

is the 1/2 still available?

2/5 now.

Last night they were laying 7k more at 1/2.

But, it was tipped by johnny Ward in Rp today so no chance of it lasting

3-0 after 50 mins.

Kearney, Behan, George

Pity Rovers are losing atm

• Advertisement

Rovers ruined my treble.

But Cork City was the main bet. Bookies priced it wrong IMO.

Layed Derry for small bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Rovers ruined my treble.

But Cork City was the main bet. Bookies priced it wrong IMO.

Layed Derry for small bit too.

Went for same treble as you. 50 cent on. But covered it with taking rovers as double chance, and Waterford to win - that late goal was nice!!! A euro down on that.

€1.50 spent, €2.50 back. Not too bad. You may have noticed I don't back to win big money lol.

Waterford got 2 goals in last 5 mins.

I'd a lot of people were reaching for the celotape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

MarkOShea wrote: »
    Good shout applehunter, you'd expect them to win alright. Harps haven't scored in their last 3 and conceded 7, whereas Cork are just after finding their scoreing boots putting 3 past Galway and beating Cliftonville 2-0. I've had a few quid on Pats at 4/9 home to Cobh myself. I know Cobh had a good result last week but Richmond Park is a different story and Pats were impressive mid week. Should hopefully do the business for me.

In the first division I really fancy Dundalk to beat Limerick at 6/5. Waterford should beat Kildare at the RSC too but 4/7 isn't much of a price.

Only the Pat's bet for now but might put a small dobule or treble on later, will wait and see on team news.

3 out of 3 aint bad, even if Waterford did scrape home! Only had the Pats bet on in the end, aswell as a smaller single I placed on Wexford during the week but forgot to mention here.

Up 18.25 points tonight and 40.3 since this time last week, happy enough with that!

Edit: Good call on the Derry lay applehunter, only really noticed it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Don't like betting on Irish league lads, just think there's not enough goals in it.

Yeah, if you're betting on overs on every game :rolleyes:.............................................

Advertisement