Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass/Mirror Suppliers?

Options
  • 18-04-2008 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

I have a few broken mirrors (I know, I'm doomed) with good frames that I'd like to get repaired. Anyone know of anyone around that does this? I could fit them myself, I just need the mirror cut to the exact sizes.

Google no good today..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know of (or knew as it was some time ago that I dealt with them) a firm in Dublin that would make up any type or shape of glass but Im not sure if they are into the mirrors. Probably too far away for you anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

sueme wrote: »
    I have a few broken mirrors (I know, I'm doomed) with good frames that I'd like to get repaired. Anyone know of anyone around that does this? I could fit them myself, I just need the mirror cut to the exact sizes.

Google no good today..

Thanks.

There is a place down passed Duncan's Island (turn right before you enter Finisklin Industrial Estate from the town side) called Sligo Glass Co. They will take care of any mirror or glass cutting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks Muffler, yep I need somewhere I could collect them from as the delivery charges for large pieces of mirror would make it too expensive.
    Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Are they starting to fall off the ceiling again? :D

Yeah, its bizarre..? Not just the ceiling mirrors, all the mirrors broke. Again.

Stop walking past my house, its getting expensive at this stage. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Jabby wrote: »
    There is a place down passed Duncan's Island (turn right before you enter Finisklin Industrial Estate from the town side) called Sligo Glass Co. They will take care of any mirror or glass cutting for you.

+1

(071)9161924

Jabby wrote: »

Sorry Jabby, I missed your post there. Many thanks, I'll give them a call now. Thanks for the number Gillie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

pwnt.

Yeah, its bizarre..? Not just the ceiling mirrors, all the mirrors broke. Again.

:D

Thanks guys.

Great service, very helpful on the phone and I could have ordered and collected today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Thanks guys.

Great service, very helpful on the phone and I could have ordered and collected today.

Sligo Glass are a great company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Culchie wrote: »
    Sligo Glass are a great company.

Ditto, I went in there last week and was really amazed at what great customer service they have. Big up to Sligo glass:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carl-sagan

yeah they are a great store imo...They are all really sound. Ive dealt with them only twice but they are all very easy to deal with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ragmop

Does anyone know the details for a similar company in Dublin?

I need to get a mirror cut thats 22.5cm in diameter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Sorry but last time I checked this was the Sligo Forum,try the Dublin Forum.

And do you realise how old this thread is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ragmop

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Sorry but last time I checked this was the Sligo Forum,try the Dublin Forum.

And do you realise how old this thread is.

Very helpful reply. Thanks.

well, in fairness, he's perfectly right.

I went to Sligo Glass last year to get some glass or plastic cut to fit for a shower door & they said they wouldn't do it as they couldn't be held responsible if it didn't fit on site.

I told them that I would supply the dimensions & that if it didn't fit, I would bear any responsibility. They still wouldn't do it for me. Not so great on every front.

Does anyone know anywhere else I might get this done - they said they'd contact another company in Galway & get back to me, but they never did.

To be fair, maybe they've been sued before for something similar..? I dunno.

Did you ask if they would fit it into the shower door for you? Maybe that would be possible.

They said they'd had problems before alright, but all I wanted was a piece of glass cut to my dimensions & delivered to the house... that was last year - maybe they'd do it in this "current (barf) economic (puke) climate".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I went to Sligo Glass last year to get some glass or plastic cut to fit for a shower door & they said they wouldn't do it as they couldn't be held responsible if it didn't fit on site.

I told them that I would supply the dimensions & that if it didn't fit, I would bear any responsibility. They still wouldn't do it for me. Not so great on every front.

Does anyone know anywhere else I might get this done - they said they'd contact another company in Galway & get back to me, but they never did.

I deal with Sligo glass nearly every week and can't for the life of me see how your request would represent a problem to them. They are as good a company as you can get in Sligo. I'm building a house and have a similar request into them as yours.... and no problem.

Maybe they have your card marked? :)

If you give the dimensions and it doesn't fit ... I can see their point if view in fairness.... you could be easily talking about 1k+ jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

This is weird.
    I got them to fit a pane of glass in a door about a year ago and I supplied the measurements to them.

The lads came and fitted it no problem!

starbelgrade, is it possible you were talking to a less knowledgeable member of staff?

That would be my guess, anyway.

It is possible, but all I know is what I was told.

Nah. I reckon its just you. :pac:

I didn't take it personally at the time.

Now, I'm not too sure. :confused:

Advertisement