Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post July Audi prices?

Options
  • 18-04-2008 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Anyone know when these are being released?

I see that BMW have 5,600 off the 318d. Surely Audi will have to follow with the A4 2.0 TDI 143?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Kafer wrote: »
    Anyone know when these are being released?

Yeah Chris, when are we likely to see these?????? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Yeah AudiChris, come on and tell us! We know you know:p! Logic would dictate that Audi would reduce the price of the A4 TDI 143 to try and get close to BMW, but the TDI 143 engine gets into a higher VRT band than the 318d, so that extra tax has to go somewhere!

Surely it's time other makes showed their hand anyway. Renault have half showed us, Toyota, Ford and Merc have told us about cars that will increase in price(though said nothing about cars decreasing in price), we need to know more than that!

@Kafer: the 318d is decreasing in price by at least €6,594. Full pricing for BMW is available in the second link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

E92 wrote: »
    Yeah AudiChris, come on and tell us! We know you know:p!

Surely it's time other makes showed their hand anyway. Renault have half showed us, Toyota, Ford and Merc have told us about cars that will increase in price(though said nothing about cars decreasing in price), we need to know more than that!

Opel dealers have recieved their top secret pricing today so we might see that Monday. Rumour has it that Ford might have confimred pricing today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭maidhc

Yeah AudiChris, come on and tell us! We know you know:p! Logic would dictate that Audi would reduce the price of the A4 TDI 143 to try and get close to BMW, but the TDI 143 engine gets into a higher VRT band than the 318d, so that extra tax has to go somewhere!

VAG have been taking the mick with the 1.9 for years now as it was in a lower VRT category than the competition... so the Passat was still priced higher than the 2.0 Avensis, etc... Kinda nice now that things are reversed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

All the dealers have provisional pricing, but we don't expect confirmed pricing for another 2 weeks(ish).

Audi Ireland still in negotiation with Audi Germany, making sure we're competitive with BMW.

Looks like all savings are being passed to customer.

Another open loop is that there are new engines coming out (as per E92s post last week), and the possibility that the common rail in the A6 may bring it down a bracket etc.

A3 will get S-Tronic gearboxes rather than Tiptronic, which will put them better off from CO2 point of view, but no official CO2 figures yet.

Don't worry, as soon as the pricing's available I'll be screaming it from the rooftops! :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

@Kafer: the 318d is decreasing in price by at least €6,594. Full pricing for BMW is available in the second link in my sig.

Sorry that was a typo on my part. Yes 6,500.

I agree that pricing the A4 143 higher than the 318d due to 20% vs 16% VRT bands wont work. Especially when the 318d is 150 to tax and the A4 costing 290. There is about 500 euro of a difference in the basic price at the moment and that will have to be maintained if not widened.

@Audichris. I believe that you are an Audi salesman? PM me with your details. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

AudiChris wrote: »
    Audi Ireland still in negotiation with Audi Germany, making sure we're competitive with BMW.

Why does MDL need to negotiate with Audi in Germany? Aren't Audi in Germany paying MDL to import and price the cars? So surely MDL should be given the choice?(can't imagine why Audi in Germany would want to lose an advantage to arch rival BMW especially when their sales are up what is it 14% overall(in all markets, not Ireland specifically) this year?
    AudiChris wrote: »
    Another open loop is that there are new engines coming out (as per E92s post last week), and the possibility that the common rail in the A6 may bring it down a bracket etc.

A3 will get S-Tronic gearboxes rather than Tiptronic, which will put them better off from CO2 point of view, but no official CO2 figures yet.

Details of which are available here.

When is our facelifted A6 with a 12% fuel consumption improvement and hence 12% CO2 reduction intending on making it's debut? It hasn't even premiered yet at a motor show. Isn't it supposed to be making it's debut in early May?

RedorDead said in another thread that the 2.0 TDI 170 will be inserted into the A6 to compete against the BMW 520d. Presumably it will be the common rail unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Any more news on this or any other manafacturer

Advertisement