Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderdome: purely tongue-in-cheek?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Quality wrote: »
    Excuse me, As I pointed out I have taken this badly due to the history involved.

oh right and we are supposed to know about your history. once again, love, the world doesnt revolve around you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow, nice work. Even narrowed it down.

irishbird wrote: »
    oh right and we are supposed to know about your history. once again, love, the world doesnt revolve around you

For god sake, the issue isn't with the loss, which again, is very much unfortunate and my sympathies, but that rb_ie specifically targeted a sensitive area, ie pregnancy, which crosses the line of good natured, groundless and moronic insults that usually reign in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

For god sake, the issue isn't with the loss, which again, is very much unfortunate and my sympathies, but that rb_ie specifically targeted a sensitive area, ie pregnancy, which crosses the line of good natured, groundless and moronic insults that usually reign in there.
    are you saying that aids, cancer, rape,child abuse etc etc arent as serious??

oh okay so child abuse and rape are okay? sorry, i really dont see the different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

irishbird wrote: »

You'd do well to note how completely off topic you are taking this thread. It's about rb_ie and the comment he made. The thread was started by Dudess, and not Quality. Quality has noted that she didn't report rb's post and was happy enough to take it on the chin even if she was hurt by it. Check again 'love', this IS NOT The Thunderdome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pighead wrote: »
    It was in a thread called Posters Typical Posts. Can't quite remember who started the thread but Pighead does recall that whoever he was, was very clever and handsome. The name will probably come back later.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51916469&postcount=157
    Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

So what, there are no rules

There is no line to cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Overheal wrote: »
    ...Morning Sickness?
    This isn't The Dome, dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What? Re-read TBH's last, and re-think that. It would be far from the first pregnancy attack in the TD I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

tbh wrote: »
    Dude, enough with the double standards. You made some choice comments in there yourself.

You complimented Degsy on something he said about rb_ie

You made comments about dead babies here

Talking about creepy gettings aids here

Another dead baby "joke":
    here

and so on.

Can I get you some reading lessons? I've said I have no problem with the content, I just think it should be private and/or moderated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

DesF wrote: »
    dickhead.

Take it to the 'dome tbh.

DesF wrote:
    This isn't The Dome, dickhead.

...Okay. Thats why I'll accept that as a personal attack, so. Thanks :confused:

In so few words I meant to remind Irishbird that by Quality's own admission she is at the moment very hormonal which would attribute extra to her taking offence on the matter. I think thats an important factor to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This thread went to **** fairly sharpish. :) Fook the 'Dome, take it to Prison tbh.

rb_ie wrote: »
    That's quite funny seeing as me and Sj have gone for many pints together since :D

...and regardless, it shows that your reputation goes back far further then recent events.
    irishbird wrote:
    oh okay so child abuse and rape are okay? sorry, i really dont see the different

Quality is definitely pregnant. I doubt Degsy, Creepy, or most of the other regulars were abused and raped given their particular joy in re-iterating the same insults over and over again, towards everyone and everybody. I mean - Even if they were, it's not the point; Bad taste, yes, targeting a known specific weakness of a target: no.

that is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

6th wrote: »
    Can I get you some reading lessons? I've said I have no problem with the content, I just think it should be private and/or moderated.

You dont post there so who really cares what you think?I dont go into magic and illusion and say "its all done with mirrors".

If rb was so-jovilally entering into the spirit of thunderdome as he claims,why did he put most of the other people there on ignore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

so you did, sorry. My bad.

...and regardless, it shows that your reputation goes back far further then recent events.

Er, I haven't used such a line in a looong time, particularly not outside the Thunderdome. I think in general I've usually been very good natured in every forum apart from The Thunderdome for quite some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

His reputation of posting in the Thunderdome and keeping to the nature of the discussion there you mean?

Degsy wrote: »
    You dont post there so who really cares what you think?I dont go into magic and illusion and say "its all done with mirrors".

I've posted in the dome plenty and have as much or a right to comment as you or anyone else.
    Degsy wrote: »
    If rb was so-jovilally entering into the spirit of thunderdome as he claims,why did he put most of the other people there on ignore?

He did it to get a rise out of some of you and it worked, christ because he chose not to see you comments you went as far as to create a new account just so you could slag him - he got you good and you dont like it. You cant say your comments about him were in the spirit of fun.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    so you did, sorry. My bad.

<awkward hug> No problem <awkward hug>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

In so few words I meant to remind Irishbird that by Quality's own admission she is at the moment very hormonal which would attribute extra to her taking offence on the matter. I think thats an important factor to note.
    Quality didn't start this thread or report the post so I don't see why it's an important factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

You tell him Terror Firmer. rb_ie must realise that this is the single worst incident seen on boards since Mobile Infantry's death threat to amp.

You tell him Terror Firmer. rb_ie must realise that this is the single worst incident seen on boards since Mobile Infantry's death threat to amp.

Genuine lol from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

.targeting a known specific weakness of a target:

Calling pregnancy a weakness :eek:

You'll have femenists kicking in your door TF ssshhhhhh :p

People are trying to apply rules to a forum without them.

Even if rb_ie was purposefully nasty (which by his own admission he wasn't) so what. He broke no code, bar some folks moral ones.

If someone wanted to, why cant they be purposefully nasty in the Thunderdome?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You can't run from some things :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    His reputation of posting in the Thunderdome and keeping to the nature of the discussion there you mean?

I rarely read the thunderdome, any opinion I formed of rb_ie was basely purely on encountering him across various forums, primarily After Hours. After all, generally speaking, I would hardly form an opinion of someone based upon the Thunderdome....I've only done so now in tandem with an already established reputation.

rb_ie has a reputation for being a Troll, and by no means, as an exclusive result of posting in the Thunderdome. You know it, I know it, any many others know it because it has been discussed before.

And we sorted that out the old fashioned way....name calling at dawn.

oh right, if we are talking about hormones, please be nice to me today, i am feeling rather hormonal and emotional

Look at the end of the day there are no rules in TTD, so this is yet another pointless thread about TTD started and continued by people who never post there.

Tbh this thread should be moved over there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I've posted in the dome plenty and have as much or a right to comment as you or anyone else.

He did it to get a rise out of some of you and it worked, christ because he chose not to see you comments you went as far as to create a new account just so you could slag him - he got you good and you dont like it. You cant say your comments about him were in the spirit of fun.

He put people on ignore because he's an arrogant git who's not capable of responding to people slagging him en-masse.I never pretended my comments about him were in fun,i merely reiterated what is common knowledege about him.I fail to see how he "got me good" in any way shape or form,unless you consider being called a retard the pinnacle of put-downs.Some people round these parts need to pull thier heads out of thier internet arses.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Quality didn't start this thread or report the post so I don't see why it's an important factor.

when Irishbird is criticizing Quality for her reaction is all.
    Irishbird wrote:
    oh right, if we are talking about hormones, please be nice to me today, i am feeling rather hormonal and emotional

Before or after I treat you to a flight of stairs ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement