Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderdome: purely tongue-in-cheek?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Vegeta wrote: »
    Well he did try and get out, PM'ing mods. The thread asking for his banning closed

I PM'd mods about what he was saying to me. That was me 'trying to get out' of the whole mess.

Only difference is, Rb_ie provoked everything he got. I didn't. Please explain to me how you can defend him.

He goes way too far. He should have been banned, the aggressive tone he used on me in PM was bad enough. Carrying on the abuse in TTD, telling me that I should do the world a favour and kill myself, accusing my mother of taking drugs during pregnancy, telling me to slit my wrists, calling me a failed abortion, telling me I am a waste of a human life and saying that I should hang myself in my bedroom. I am not concerned with the posters saying 'oh its the thunderdome, get over it'.. Fact of the matter is, that there was already an abusive history there and he used the Thunderdome to deliver further attacks.

Quality actually told rb_ie that she felt he owed me an apology. Funny how he then turns on her and wishes her unborn baby dead.
    Degsy wrote: »
    Not only that but when the heat got too much for him he decided to fight dirty.He considered it fine and dandy to bully people but when he started getting some of it vback he ran sqwealing to the mods.He meant exactly what he said to quality,its in keeping with his entire holier-than-thou-if thou-arent-a southsider mentality.If he's bothered to aplogise its only because he's afraid of the all-powerfull "boards rules" that he lives by when it suits him.As i've said before,if there's no rules in the thunderdome then dont be reporting posts and "dropping pms to smods".

+1. Notice how he 'apologised' to Dudess, 6th etc.. Total suck up. Did I recieve an apology? I think not! Oh but maybe I was too busy slitting my wrists to notice it .. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Degsy, how many times does it need to be said before it enters that head of yours?
    I didn't ask for the thread to be closed, that was a decision by the smods/admins based on the behaviour in the thread, including your many, many accounts that you created to dodge my ignore list so I'd see you posts.

There's no rules in The Thunderdome with regards to conduct but there are site rules that are enforced site wide, do you get that? Does it make sense to you that they'd have a list of rules that are applicable to every forum in every situation?
    I would sincerely hope it makes sense to you as it does to everyone else. Or maybe you just feel you're above the site rules and that TT is your own little kingdom? Well, you found out the hard way before and I'm sure you will again, hopefully it'll be a permanent fixture this time around.

I didn't "bitch out" of the thread, I merely said I was finished with and I no longer wanted to deal with them, it's not as though I was literally being offended by them, hell I'd half of them on ignore and didn't even bother reading their posts, I was simply finishing the debate as there was nothing more to add to it.

Oh but of course Degsy and Co HAD to drag it into another thread, it's not as though an Admin/Smod closing the other one (of their own choice) was enough for them. Smart, smart people.

I think it is pretty apparent I can give it as much as I can take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't owe you an apology Mizzlolly, so don't hold your breath. I apologised to the people who seemed to take gross offense to the comment, as someone said, I gave someone a bloody nose and took responsibility for it.

rb_ie wrote: »
    I don't owe you an apology Mizzlolly, so don't hold your breath. I apologised to the people who seemed to take gross offense to the comment, as someone said, I gave someone a bloody nose and took responsibility for it.

You do owe me an apology and I'm not the only poster who feels this way.

I have recieved numerous PM's about this issue. You do owe me an apology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

rb_ie wrote: »

So sending vicious unsolicited PMs to a female doesnt make you feel like tendering an apology?You're a ****ing disgrace,i'm only glad your true colours have been exposed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Only difference is, Rb_ie provoked everything he got. I didn't. Please explain to me how you can defend him.

First of all posting in the Thunderdome leaves you open to insult. If you were insulted in the Thunderdome when you had never posted there you would have an argument. Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying I agree with it, but thats the way the forum works.

I don't think people are defending what he said, rather that he's allowed to say it as the forum stands right now.

Notice how he 'apologised' to Dudess, 6th etc.. Total suck up.

Suck up? What could he possibly gain from it? Will he get preferential treatment in Magic and Illusion?

If you were insulted via PM by anyone, report it to the SMods as this is very much frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Why is it Vegeta that the bullying only applies to rb_ie in this case and not Quality. You said yourself that while you feel for her situation regarding the loss of her baby, you don't feel for her having been insulted in the Thunderdome because that it is used for. So why the double standards?

No that is not my point. People are all "think of the children" because rb_ie insulted a pregnant mother but they were fine with him getting a roasting because he somehow deserves it and has a history of being abusive.

Its fine to flame a smartarse but not a pregnant mother.

My point is, if rb_ie is guilty of being overly nasty then the others have to be seen/judged in the same moral light and therefore guilty of the same offences
    If she knew what the place was like and so did rb_ie, why is it only he thats being bullied?

Its not, they are all as bad as each other, she was insulted he was insulted, yet rb_ie is a monster. I find it rich that people cry outrage at a pregnant mother receiving an insult but its ok for rb_ie to be inuslted.
    It can't be one rule for one and a different rule for everyone else.

That is exactly what I am saying (poorly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's because he went too far with what he said about the baby. Stuff that was said to him by Degsy etc hadn't gone as far as what he said to Quality - as in it didn't affect him as much. And please don't say I don't know whether it did or not, that would be just stupid.

MizzLolly is referring to PMs rb_ie sent her.

First of all posting in the Thunderdome leaves you open to insult. If you were insulted in the Thunderdome when you had never posted there you would have an argument. Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying I agree with it, but thats the way the forum works.

I don't think people are defending what he said, rather that he's allowed to say it as the forum stands right now.

Yes but the fact that the issue between me and Rb_ie started in AH, then moved to PM and then the thunderdome, suggests that this is more than a TD slip up.

Suck up? What could he possibly gain from it? Will he get preferential treatment in Magic and Illusion?

Possibly.
    Also, he knows he is on thin ice now. He knows who to suck up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

You do owe me an apology and I'm not the only poster who feels this way.

I have recieved numerous PM's about this issue. You do owe me an apology.

What exactly does he owe you an apology for? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Dudess wrote: »
    MizzLolly is referring to PMs rb_ie sent her.

Which is not what this thread is about. It's about coments made in TD as the title (your title) would indicate.
    Yes but the fact that the issue between me and Rb_ie started in AH, then moved to PM and then the thunderdome, suggests that this is more than a TD slip up.

Then take it up in another thread or speak to an SMod. That has nothing to do with this thread.

I am not defending him. I am defending the fact that anything goes in the Thunderdome.

Same rules for everyone
    He goes way too far. He should have been banned, the aggressive tone he used on me in PM was bad enough.

That's a different matter, have you reported it, it is taken quite seriously.

Carrying on the abuse in TTD, telling me that I should do the world a favour and kill myself, accusing my mother of taking drugs during pregnancy, telling me to slit my wrists, calling me a failed abortion, telling me I am a waste of a human life and saying that I should hang myself in my bedroom. I am not concerned with the posters saying 'oh its the thunderdome, get over it'.. Fact of the matter is, that there was already an abusive history there and he used the Thunderdome to deliver further attacks.

All fair game really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

takola wrote: »
    Abusive personal messages.

It's because he went too far with what he said about the baby.

But that's acording to you Dudess, we dont all think it was too far given the location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Abusive personal messages.

Abusive PMs are a bannable offence arent they?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

takola wrote: »
    *allegedly*

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Vegeta wrote: »
    But that's acording to you Dudess, we dont all think it was too far given the location.

Have to agree with this. I don't think it was too far and if it had turned out that Quality was my own mother, I wouldn't think it too far.

And people, yes abusive PMs are a bannable offence but take it up somewhere else if you want PMs loked at. This thread is about the 'Dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

In a nutshell - valid complaint over a coment that clearly upset a user.
    Poster of said comment explains that he would not have made said comment had he been aware of users condition/status.
    Scan of 16 pages show apology for comment now that he is aware.

Other interweb pokage occurs and its thunderdome again.

Anyhow out of respect for Quality I have removed the thread from public view as she was the person affected by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would have closed TTD years ago if I could :(
    Waste of space.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

seamus wrote: »
    I would have closed TTD years ago if I could :(
    Waste of space.
    +∞.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement