Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rally of the Lakes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fiona24 wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on it, is it going to be a bad rally coz the stages are impossible to get into?
    Poor access makes for a great rally if you know what you're doing and have a good idea of the best spots.

I'd say stage hopping will be out of the question but certainly 2-3 spots will be doable per day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

if you plan in advance you will be fine, there are always loads of road closures at the lakes anyway! can't wait for it this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

gutted im not doing this one due to new job :( but ive been told there is a dance concert on the saturday... in other words expect alot more scumbags down to watch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Fiona24

Yep Gods Kitchen is on on the Saturday night in the INEC. The Sunday night should be a very good night back there

heard about gods kitchen alright this year, it'll be mobbed, thank god we are not staying out that side this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

We are being prevented to have free access to our local roads and cannot leave our houses, the rally is certainly NOT WELCOME in our area. Why should we be prevented from going about our business, we moved to the countryside for a quiet life, if we wanted to have our days spoilt by, by cars monopolising our lives , we'd have moved to an inner city sink estate.

I'm getting my muck spreader ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

colrow wrote: »
    We are being prevented to have free access to our local roads and cannot leave our houses, the rally is certainly NOT WELCOME in our area. Why should we be prevented from going about our business, we moved to the countryside for a quiet life, if we wanted to have our days spoilt by, by cars monopolising our lives , we'd have moved to an inner city sink estate.

I'm getting my muck spreader ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what are you going to do with your muck spreader? Spray some innocent and cause an accident? Get a life. I live in Limerick, and big GAA matches disrupt my commuting around the city and they happen a lot more often than once a year. I don't complain though, sport is good.
    Get your muck spreader and go fertilise your land for the 4 hours that the road will be closed and quit complaining. For every cranky person whining about the rally there's probably 10 people praising it because of the increased revenue they'll get this weekend. Argue it out with them. This is a motorsport forum, and you're attitude is not welcome here.

Colrow its not like it happens everyday of the week, it happens once a year. It brings in massive revenue into the area for the day. I cant get over your attitude it really is a bit sad. The Cork Rally used to come straight past my house when I was younger the road was closed for 4 hours. My parents wouldnt be into Motorsport but never once complained. In fairness it was a bit of excitment on the day and even if your not into rallying its still great to watch especially when its past your house

Trhe "rally" is of absolutely no benefit to me and my neighbours, we are being prevented from carrying out our normal business.

The rally is abusing our freedom.

You are totally over-reacting to this it happens for once a year for god sake not a regular thing!! If you have no interest in motorsport do not post here. We all put up with things we dont necessarily like or are interested in its part of life

• Advertisement

your road is closed once a year... grow up and deal with it....

rallying is not abusing your freedom.... get up early and drive out for the day or stay in watch tv or watch the rally cars...

what about my freedom of rallying? i want to drive a car as fast as possable and rallying is my way of getting it out of my system..
    if you object to rallying your abusing my freedom!!!!

o ya ill be one of them abusing your freedom at the weekend !!!!!!

anto-t wrote: »

rallying is not abusing your freedom.... get up early and drive out for the day or stay in watch tv or watch the rally cars...

what about my freedom of rallying? i want to drive a car as fast as possable and rallying is my way of getting it out of my system..

I hope you like **** pie

Hey Anto-T best of luck rallying!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

Hi all, it's my first time going to the rally of the lakes this year. Can you let me know some of the basics for survival up there, lol!! I have walking boots, snow pants, and a warm jacket!! Any other tips on what times to be at the stages e.t.c. would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait for the session!!

I hope you like **** pie

dont worry ill be driving past at 100mph:rolleyes: no time to smell ****

colrow stop posting here you have no interest in the lakes so theres no point in posting negative comments. its a great weekend, ive never heard anyone to react like you to an event that happens once a year its pathetic

MW wrote: »
    Hi all, it's my first time going to the rally of the lakes this year. Can you let me know some of the basics for survival up there, lol!! I have walking boots, snow pants, and a warm jacket!! Any other tips on what times to be at the stages e.t.c. would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait for the session!!

buy a program... all the maps will be in it... i dont see the big thing about molls gap but get in before they close the road which i think is about 2 and a half hours before first car. other junctions you should be ok with just showing up 1/2 hour before the first car to see everyone...

make sure you see the jouners at least once... these are the guys who are nuts.. i think 10 of them went off on the first stage last year... :D:eek:

Plan to be at Molls gap no later than 6 Saturday morning. Most people have their viewing points picked well in advance. you need to do some planning beforehand. Programmes are on sale at the moment

anto-t;55796980]your road is closed once a year... grow up and deal with it....

Thats is what I am complaining about, I work 7 days a week 365 days a year here, and this is interfering with my work.

I agree rallying isn't abusing my freedom, where it is taking place by the closure of public roads is. I'm up at 5.30 every morning anyway

You can drive a car as fast as you like, why not try a car racing track, not single lane country roads which were designed for the donkey and cart.

In fact if you all removed your engines and strapped a donkey to your cars, to pull you round the course, I'd be more than happy to see the roads closed for a week

dont worry ill be driving past at 100mph:rolleyes: no time to smell ****

So you are planning to exceed the legal speed limit.

I'll have to tell Mr Plod

Don't forget that old saying " A turd in the intake, is worth two in the hand"

• Advertisement

Colrow what rally driver have you ever seen driving at their ease at 50mph?? Its a rally like

So you are planning to exceed the legal speed limit.

I'll have to tell Mr Plod

the road will be closed... plod will have no power over the road.. once the road is closed it is in the hands of the motor club they can do what they like with it...

the road will be closed... plod will have no power over the road.. once the road is closed it is in the hands of the motor club they can do what they like with it...

mmmm yea I went to see Mr Plod today, apparently if I drive on the closed section of the road, I am not breaking the law.

10 tractors in a convoy checking hedges should do it

This childish fighting is kinda defeating the purpose of the thread.....

right going to finish feeding the troll.. hope not to see you colrow down there... every one elce shout and wave to car 118

colrow stop posting here you have no interest in the lakes so theres no point in posting negative comments. its a great weekend, ive never heard anyone to react like you to an event that happens once a year its pathetic

I do have a most positive interest!!!!!!

Do it your own streets:p

right going to finish feeding the troll.. hope not to see you colrow down there... every one elce shout and wave to car 118

Lets hope you don't make it this far then:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭BlancheSparks

I am another person who will not be able to leave my premises. I received a notice a couple of weeks ago saying a nearby road would be closed. I assume that this is because it is a requirement if the roads are going to be closed. I thought "thats a bit of an imposition because I won't be able to go to killarney that day but it doesn't really matter.... I'll be able to see it and people need to be able to enjoy themselves" That was until last Sunday. Several accidents nearly happened around here with cars that were driving on the wrong side of the road, stopping in the middle of the road etc etc. They were checking the course out!!! and they weren't very considerate. it then became obvious that lots of the roads were being shut including our very small lane to nowhere, meaning we can,t leave the premises. No one has bothered to give us a map to show us exactly which roads are to be shut. It would also have been good if we had been given a programme the better to enjoy watching it and to make up for the total inconvenience. Noone has the right to shut public roads just for fun and then treat the people who have paid for them like this. You should be complaining to the organizers for being so unprofessional and putting you all in such a bad light with the people that you are partly depending on for your enjoyment. It wouldn't have taken very much would it? The answer is to at least show the respect to properly inform us of the exact intentions instead of hoping that giving us as little information as possible will keep us quiet. PS, YOu are kidding yourselves if you think anything but peanuts will come to this area. 95% of the money will go straght out of this area and most of it will go straight out of Ireland to offshore accounts to avoid paying tax. Sorry its so long.... I really hope you all will take up the course with the organizers and try and get them to give a bit more thought to next years rally

I am another person who will not be able to leave my premises. I received a notice a couple of weeks ago saying a nearby road would be closed. I assume that this is because it is a requirement if the roads are going to be closed. I thought "thats a bit of an imposition because I won't be able to go to killarney that day but it doesn't really matter.... I'll be able to see it and people need to be able to enjoy themselves" That was until last Sunday. Several accidents nearly happened around here with cars that were driving on the wrong side of the road, stopping in the middle of the road etc etc. They were checking the course out!!! and they weren't very considerate. it then became obvious that lots of the roads were being shut including our very small lane to nowhere, meaning we can,t leave the premises. No one has bothered to give us a map to show us exactly which roads are to be shut. It would also have been good if we had been given a programme the better to enjoy watching it and to make up for the total inconvenience. Noone has the right to shut public roads just for fun and then treat the people who have paid for them like this. You should be complaining to the organizers for being so unprofessional and putting you all in such a bad light with the people that you are partly depending on for your enjoyment. It wouldn't have taken very much would it? The answer is to at least show the respect to properly inform us of the exact intentions instead of hoping that giving us as little information as possible will keep us quiet. PS, YOu are kidding yourselves if you think anything but peanuts will come to this area. 95% of the money will go straght out of this area and most of it will go straight out of Ireland to offshore accounts to avoid paying tax. Sorry its so long.... I really hope you all will take up the course with the organizers and try and get them to give a bit more thought to next years rally

Would you like to join the tractor rally Blanche ??????????

• Advertisement

i can understand why you are annoyed for not being informed properly but maybe you should take it up with the event organisers, i am not getting at you specifically, at least you arent so unreasonable about it! My brother is a member of the munster car club and I know for other rallies he has done a certain amount of PR, calling around to houses a few weeks beforehand and informing them of the road closures and the stages.

Colrow's option of holding a tractor rally is just pathetic, grow up really, if you have such a problem contact the organisers and take it up with them! I'm sure they would love to hear from you. That would be so dangerous if you did that. Cop on with yourself, its one day..............

ash_18x wrote: »
    i can understand why you are annoyed for not being informed properly but maybe you should take it up with the event organisers, i am not getting at you specifically, at least you arent so unreasonable about it! My brother is a member of the munster car club and I know for other rallies he has done a certain amount of PR, calling around to houses a few weeks beforehand and informing them of the road closures and the stages.

Colrow's option of holding a tractor rally is just pathetic, grow up really, if you have such a problem contact the organisers and take it up with them! I'm sure they would love to hear from you. That would be so dangerous if you did that. Cop on with yourself, its one day..............

Yeah you are right a Tractor Protest would be a waste of time.

I'm going for the Dung Spreading Demonstration.

colrow what age are you? your acting like a spoilt brat its one day in the year get over yourself

colrow what age are you? your acting like a spoilt brat its one day in the year get over yourself

Thank you, I should feel quite at home here then!!

Fiona, The fact is that due to their high handed behaviour the organizers have succeeded in alienating every person who lives on the course. This is going to affect everyone's enjoyment of the day. Colrow is not the only person that feels really angry, I can assure you. 1 day of fun for you COULD be a lifetime of tragedy for us all. We have not been told of arrangements for access of Fire engines, and if (god forbid) I should break a limb or have a heart attack or stroke etc etc, quickest way to get to or receive medical help. We have only been given a contact phone number for the weekend of the rally, so it is no good thinking you can just flippantly tell US to contact the organisers. THIS is why people get so angry.
    Your attitude is the same as the organizers.... that we are all making a fuss about nothing. I think that is for us to judge don't you? We have been told to keep our dogs and children off the road..... not asked!. This means that although my dogs don't often go on the road, I will have to keep them in all day and take them out on a lead for them to be really safe..... I haven't detected any sign of a thankyou coming for any of this trouble. Then there are the people who can't go to mass.......... and the ones who may have made long standing arrangements to pick up relatives from the airport etc etc etc.

You were obviously told to keep your children and dogs off the road for their own safety. I have no issues with people voicing their concerns but I do have an issue with Colrow talking about muck spreading that is childish. Usually people are informed weeks in advance by motoring clubs. Concerns should be taken to the motoring club and the committee. All contact details are available on the rally of the lakes website

• Advertisement

You were obviously told to keep your children and dogs off the road for their own safety. I have no issues with people voicing their concerns but I do have an issue with Colrow talking about muck spreading that is childish. Usually people are informed weeks in advance by motoring clubs. Concerns should be taken to the motoring club and the committee. All contact details are available on the rally of the lakes website
    Yes... as long as nothing has to be done about the concerns!!!!! By the way, patronizing people will get you nowhere on Sunday when you are there practically in their front gardens. Yes.... I was TOLD to keep the dogs off the road .... not asked POLITELY..... THAT was the point I was making. Stop avoiding the issue.
    There is no phone number on the website (only for Competitors or accommodation) I emailed them to ask for a map... so far only an automated reply.... so STOP telling me I should contact them. I obviously did that before I came on here. I am only here out of total frustration.... and guess what.... you think it's alright to do this to people so I shan't be bothered to try and swallow my anger on Sunday.... NO ONE is going to step foot on my land or park there. I was just angry at the organizers but they obviously know that their public is just as selfish and ill mannered as they are! If you are not, please contact them yourself because they are NOT going to take any notice of us. They have made that quite clear.

Programmes have been available since last week sometime. There is no point in taking your anger out on me take it up with the killarney motor club. This thread is not for people to vent their anger it was a discussion. Your being totally ignorant.

http://www.killarneyanddistrictmotorclub.com/ thats who you need to contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Yes... as long as nothing has to be done about the concerns!!!!! By the way, patronizing people will get you nowhere on Sunday when you are there practically in their front gardens. Yes.... I was TOLD to keep the dogs off the road .... not asked POLITELY..... THAT was the point I was making. Stop avoiding the issue.
    There is no phone number on the website (only for Competitors or accommodation) I emailed them to ask for a map... so far only an automated reply.... so STOP telling me I should contact them. I obviously did that before I came on here. I am only here out of total frustration.... and guess what.... you think it's alright to do this to people so I shan't be bothered to try and swallow my anger on Sunday.... NO ONE is going to step foot on my land or park there. I was just angry at the organizers but they obviously know that their public is just as selfish and ill mannered as they are! If you are not, please contact them yourself because they are NOT going to take any notice of us. They have made that quite clear.
    Sounds like the organisers are being very half-assed about it alright.
    To be fair to you, you have a good point. Corlow or whatever his name is, is an idiot hell bent on making a scene. Judging by the way he is talking, someone WILL die by his actions. How is that considered a fair attitude? We'll ignore him for now though.
    The WRC event up my end of the country was excellently organised, as it needed to be. That is the way ALL rallies in this country should be run. you should have been treated with respect, and you weren't. That's typical of most things organised in Ireland. It's the likes of the half-assed organisers that will lead to the end of rallying in this country.
    In one sense, during a rally you should be closer than ever to medical help, but that's no good if they didn't give you a contact number for it. In theory you'll be 10 minutes away from having an ambulance at your door, where as normally it'd probably take an hour or more. But unless these things are considered, then it's useless.
    I love rallying, my favourite sport, but it's disappointing to hear that organisers are causing this much annoyance.

there is a resuce unit and ambulance at the start of every stage so your 15 mins MAX away from help... if you do need an ambulance head out to the road and flag down a rally car stop them and tell them to send help.. they will then drive to the next radio point and the services will be sent in stright away... i had one event where a local had a heart attack.. he would of died because the nearest ambulance was 45 mins away compaired to 8 minutes..

look i lost the head above.. id like to say how this should of been handled..

2 months before the rally the rally organisers will drive to each house and tell the house owners we want to run a rally past here.. now if you werent home they leave a letter telling you the details of what is going on and a phone number..

then the road closing orders go in... these are shown in local newspapers and then the council gives the road closing orders.. gardai, ambulance, fire brigade, vets, doctors, priests are all told of the rally and maps given to them so they know the rally is on and what other routes that they can use..

2 weeks before the event they should go around again saying if you will have any problums on the day...

BlancheSparks: looks like you got a guy who was tried after a days work and you were the 300th house he had just visted.. the rally cars drive at speed, for teh seafty of your children and dogs id recomend that you keep a close eye on them.. if its a fast section the top cars could be doing 150MPH id even have concerces for the crew of teh car if they hit a dog at that speed.

last year when i did the event i had never seen so many people out on the road sections waving us on ( and i wasent in the first 100 cars) Killarney i thought had the best locals id ever seen.. and i really enjoyed teh event..

i have the HQ number so if BlancheSparks want it pm me.. and that will get you in contact with someone who should know what is happening..

there is a resuce unit and ambulance at the start of every stage so your 15 mins MAX away from help... if you do need an ambulance head out to the road and flag down a rally car stop them and tell them to send help.. they will then drive to the next radio point and the services will be sent in stright away... i had one event where a local had a heart attack.. he would of died because the nearest ambulance was 45 mins away compaired to 8 minutes..

look i lost the head above.. id like to say how this should of been handled..

2 months before the rally the rally organisers will drive to each house and tell the house owners we want to run a rally past here.. now if you werent home they leave a letter telling you the details of what is going on and a phone number..

then the road closing orders go in... these are shown in local newspapers and then the council gives the road closing orders.. gardai, ambulance, fire brigade, vets, doctors, priests are all told of the rally and maps given to them so they know the rally is on and what other routes that they can use..

2 weeks before the event they should go around again saying if you will have any problums on the day...

BlancheSparks: looks like you got a guy who was tried after a days work and you were the 300th house he had just visted.. the rally cars drive at speed, for teh seafty of your children and dogs id recomend that you keep a close eye on them.. if its a fast section the top cars could be doing 150MPH id even have concerces for the crew of teh car if they hit a dog at that speed.

last year when i did the event i had never seen so many people out on the road sections waving us on ( and i wasent in the first 100 cars) Killarney i thought had the best locals id ever seen.. and i really enjoyed teh event..

i have the HQ number so if BlancheSparks want it pm me.. and that will get you in contact with someone who should know what is happening..

Well Anto, if things had happened that way, I would have felt like I was at least being treated with some respect, the first I knew that my road was being closed was last Sunday, when I was pushed off the road by the drivers of 3 cars with orange stickers in their windows, I did have a leaflet left at my house saying there was a road closure on the Ballock o sheen pass, no one told me that my lane was being closed, so maybe you can imagine why I am so p****d off. Anyway thanks for your input, and I don't have a dung spreader, but I wish I had;)

• Advertisement

P Your being totally ignorant.

Your grammar is atrocious.

Correction for you

You're being totally ignorant!!!!!

Biro wrote: »
    Sounds like the organisers are being very half-assed about it alright.
    To be fair to you, you have a good point. Corlow or whatever his name is, is an idiot hell bent on making a scene. Judging by the way he is talking, someone WILL die by his actions. How is that considered a fair attitude? We'll ignore him for now though.
    The WRC event up my end of the country was excellently organised, as it needed to be. That is the way ALL rallies in this country should be run. you should have been treated with respect, and you weren't. That's typical of most things organised in Ireland. It's the likes of the half-assed organisers that will lead to the end of rallying in this country.
    In one sense, during a rally you should be closer than ever to medical help, but that's no good if they didn't give you a contact number for it. In theory you'll be 10 minutes away from having an ambulance at your door, where as normally it'd probably take an hour or more. But unless these things are considered, then it's useless.
    I love rallying, my favourite sport, but it's disappointing to hear that organisers are causing this much annoyance.

Hi Biro, Thanks for your considered reply and also thanks to Anto. I feel much better about the whole thing now. I will try and forget about the organizers and I hope you all have a good day and nothing disasterous happens. If any of you get the chance PLEASE tell someone how they could improve their public relations..... it is a horrible feeling to have when your freedoms (however small) are curtailed without a 'by your leave'. Anto... i don't know what it is you told me to do, but I would like that phone number, thanks

Programmes have been available since last week sometime. There is no point in taking your anger out on me take it up with the killarney motor club. This thread is not for people to vent their anger it was a discussion. Your being totally ignorant.

Dear Fiona, I was not venting my anger I was having a discussion in which I was describing how I felt. A discussion consists of listening to and answering the other person's points.... not ignoring them as you have done. Then they do the same for you. I do not see why I should have to ask for a programme let alone pay for one.... what I really want is to be told what roads are being closed, as I am sure the rally is required to do by law. For that the best thing would be a map!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Im embarrassed to be from killarney with some of the things being said hear by some people. I work pretty much seven days a week too, run a busness and ya the rally does disrupt it but people have a good tme and we all need to let our hair down. I think instaed of giving out about lost freedom Id personally be more concerned about the few idiots who ruin it for everyone else driving like children endangering other peoples lives. Their are some lovely people that follow rallyng and I say give them the town but lets try and stop the muppets who are only out to cause trouble.

Im tired of hearing about young lads getting killed messing about on the roads here on rally weekends, and for any that read this and think it wont happen them I have one thing to say....

all it takes is a stag or some other wild animal to cross the road in front of you and your dead, then all your friends are at your funeral thinkin, s*** sean died cause of a stag how sucky is that!!!!

Be careful out there and please less of the rev rev stuff, some of us need to sleep this weekend!!!

FusionNet wrote: »
    Im embarrassed to be from killarney with some of the things being said hear by some people. I work pretty much seven days a week too, run a busness and ya the rally does disrupt it but people have a good tme and we all need to let our hair down. I think instaed of giving out about lost freedom Id personally be more concerned about the few idiots who ruin it for everyone else driving like children endangering other peoples lives. Their are some lovely people that follow rallyng and I say give them the town but lets try and stop the muppets who are only out to cause trouble.

Im tired of hearing about young lads getting killed messing about on the roads here on rally weekends, and for any that read this and think it wont happen them I have one thing to say....

all it takes is a stag or some other wild animal to cross the road in front of you and your dead, then all your friends are at your funeral thinkin, s*** sean died cause of a stag how sucky is that!!!!

Be careful out there and please less of the rev rev stuff, some of us need to sleep this weekend!!!

I agree with your sentiments, the rally drivers aren't at fault, but the road closures around here, where there are many small farms, mean that farmers are unable to carry out there normal activities looking after their cattle and sheep. The revenue raised is the one of the benefits we are told, but the organisers don't appear to be spending any money here, they could have for instance bought their bales to make their barriers locally, but they have lorried in bales from outside this district, There is absolutly NO BENEFIT for our community, just disruption to our normal activities, and loss of freedom to our properties and fields.

It is very saddening when I hear about these young lads losing their lives and causing the deaths and injuries of others, on roads that are just not designed for high speed driving.

FusionNet wrote: »

Yes, I didn't think of all that, although I did wonder what would happen to any domesticated animals that accidentaly got out...... cattle are big things so drivers beware. Athough us humans are going to stay off the road, we don't have total and absolute control over nature yet.
    There are people I know, who live up side roads a little way off the course who haven't been officially informed. They have a tendency to move their animals on a sunday ( they have outside jobs and do that sort of thing on Sundays) to other land a little way away....... hope they know they won't be able to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I don't think the crowd numbers were as expected to be honest...haven returned to Killarney for the last number of years for the Rally week-end this year seemed very quiet for some reason.

They had more guards on the street lastnight than people out socialising (full respect to them too, some were at the receiving end of some abuse by a small number of people and never reacted)...It's always better to be over-prepared on that front, esp in Killarney on a week-end that draws huge crowds but the expectations didn't seem to materialise though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

God theres always some arsehole isnt there?

The roads closed for 2 days of the year,it has done so for 30+years.Why can't you just enjoy it?

Would you be making tractor protests if there was a GAA match on down the road and there was cars parked on the road blocking the way? NO YOU'D JUST COME BACK THE NEXT DAY!!!!

IMO,it's not the rally itself thats the problem,its the local boyracers who show off in there poxy 1.2 civics that cause the problems.And then the gob****es in the twincams who start diffing in the middle of the road:mad:

Didn't make it to the lakes this year but will next year.What a drive from Kris Meeke in the S1600 Clio!!

Also well done to Eamon for securing his second victory of the year!Nice championship laid out for us now,would be nice to see Eamon winning or Timmy if he can do it!

millington wrote: »
    God theres always some arsehole isnt there?

The roads closed for 2 days of the year,it has done so for 30+years.Why can't you just enjoy it?

Would you be making tractor protests if there was a GAA match on down the road and there was cars parked on the road blocking the way? NO YOU'D JUST COME BACK THE NEXT DAY!!!!

IMO,it's not the rally itself thats the problem,its the local boyracers who show off in there poxy 1.2 civics that cause the problems.And then the gob****es in the twincams who start diffing in the middle of the road:mad:

Didn't make it to the lakes this year but will next year.What a drive from Kris Meeke in the S1600 Clio!!

Excuse me! who said anything about tractor protests. Go and read what I have written properly if you can. The organisers did not do their job professionally and behaved very badly. If you read all my posts you will see that is what I said. However, you seem to be the same sort of person as they are. Get your facts straight. The road was only closed for 1 day. I was complaining about the fact that no one could even be bothered to let us know which roads were going to be closed. The GAA match locally has never blocked my way. Not everyone is a lazy slob who obviously has no work to do and can just come back the next day. It is about time you moved into the real world. I have used short sentences and fairly short words because it is obviously my fault that you have answered someone else's post..... and you couldn't understand my writings:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Sorry Blanche,post wasnt directed at you.

Very disappointing if KDMC didn't do proper PR as there has been problems in the best,they shouldve learned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement