Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dear Rockstar...

• 18-04-2008 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

You know what i'd like to see in future GTA games, and it's a very small point, animals. Yes animals. Obviously there'll never be kids in a GTA game, i think the Daily Mail wouldn't very happy with the idea of shooting kids in a game! but knocking down or shooting a dog, that really wouldn't be as morally dubious as, say running over an old lady, so i really couldn't see any reason against it.

Like i said though, it's only a small point, so if it never happens, i won't cry or anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Also, is there anything you'd like to see in future GTA games??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

man you are crazy! but whatever gets you off :p you'd have all the animal rights protesters on their case too - I think they have enough on their case :D

Feck animal rights, it's not as if i'm killing actuall animals!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Whats strange is that i would go out of my way to avoid killing a dog, whereas i wouldnt have any problem knocking down an old lady...surely that cant be right :confused:

You have your prioritys all wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It'd be more fun to kill animal rights protestors. Stick peta in the game and massacre them.

Hmmmm... I like your thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Agreed.. I would also love if they put tree huggers in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

I really think they are being two-faced by including granny's in the game and not kids. I would equally run down and kill both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I don't mind the kids not being in, but no animals is retarted and shows how stupid this world can be....appeasing the wants of sheep shaggers and not people.

Sorry I would much rather kill a wild bore(GTA SA) than a person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

but san andreas would be the only game where it would have been "necessary", eg-cows,sheep on a farm, dogs, birds etc. every other game is city-based only and there isnt much need for them. i wouldnt have a problem with children in the game and rockstar could do something simliar to Scarface, have Niko say "hes only a kid, for feck sake" when you aim at them. you could also have them avoid oncoming cars ala driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Green Peace ship that can be sent down wit a rocket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Liberty City Zoo would be funny, now that you mention it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    but san andreas would be the only game where it would have been "necessary", eg-cows,sheep on a farm, dogs, birds etc. every other game is city-based only and there isnt much need for them. i wouldnt have a problem with children in the game and rockstar could do something simliar to Scarface, have Niko say "hes only a kid, for feck sake" when you aim at them. you could also have them avoid oncoming cars ala driver.

God no, that's painful.

I'd say it will be along time before we're running down children in a GTA but they could have more younger people in it maybe.

It would also be funny reversing over a dog tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Didn't they have animals, at least dogs, in Bully. That's a Rockstar game that uses the GTA engine and mould, so why not.

If anyone has seen I am Legend, than they will know how fun it would be to hunt animals down in NYC. They could have a mission where animals have escaped form the Bronx Zoo and are causing mayhem in Manhattan, and NIko has to hunt and kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Agreed.. I would also love if they put tree huggers in the game.

GTA1 had those mad dancing and chanting monks, for the Gouranga

gouranga1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

It would be cool if you could have a pet dog that would attack people for you.
    I loved those monks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Harry Chrishnas...if I'm correct that they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

lol it's "Hare Krishna"

Elessar wrote: »
    I really think they are being two-faced by including granny's in the game and not kids. I would equally run down and kill both.

Jesus i never even notices that no kids were in the game:eek:

Never really taught about it, just shows irrelevant it is!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

While Rockstar may be trying to create a realistic world, they are also trying to their game released to the public and not banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

Yeah, it would be a nice idea. Just put in a charater based on Kerry Katona.

If there were kids in GTA, it would most likely be banned everywhere (can't imagine censors being thrilled at the prospect of gunning down children!). Animals though... I honestly don't think it would make the game any more controversal than it already is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I don't see why they couldnt put animals in the game. Carmageddon 2 had loads of animals to mow down! (may have had kids aswell, can't remember)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Theres no need for kids really, it'd just be tasteless and wrong , animals would be kinda interesting though, especially if you got the odd cow on the road, and the dog that chases your car.....drive bys anyone.....

...and also i think animals, dogs especially, could enhance the game. For example, when breaking into a house not only would you have to attempt to keep the owner asleep, but also his pet dog! Imagine messing that mission up, and then being chased down the street by a massive pit-bull!

...or perhaps your character in the game could have the option of adopting a dog, and you could then train as you see fit. A nice caring dog, or a vicious animal that does your bidding!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

What would be fun is to swerve to avoid a dog only to plough into a bunch of PETA protesters :)

Also, couldn't you shoot birds in SA (and I think the previous 2 aswell?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Markvtos wrote: »
    If there were kids in GTA, it would most likely be banned everywhere (can't imagine censors being thrilled at the prospect of gunning down children!)..

Yup big no no...

Ever play ninety nine nights?
    there is a part of the game where you have the choice to butcher an enemy village. Women children, animals, the whole shabang.
    Censors went absolutely mental,
    The villagers were all orc's, but the only difference between the models they used for them and human children was skin color.

Seriously messed up bit of the game..

I don't particularly think GTA needs to add something like that in...
    The fact that the main guy in 4 is a slave trader should be enough :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement