Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

450 free texts from meteor to any network

• 18-04-2008 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi all. I rang meteor to ask for the unlock code for my phone and they offered me 150 free texts to any network , every month for the next 3 months if I didnt request it and rang back in three months time. All the other offers of meteor to meteor texts and call a friend for free will still hold they said.

Dont know if this is a one off thing or maybe a promotion on their part.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Sounds like a one-off tool used to discourage you from getting the unlock code (and subsequently leaving Meteor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Hmmm... I don't buy meteor phones, just unlocked phones to begin with. Do you reckon I could try and convince them that I have a meteor phone and still get this deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Hmmm... I don't buy meteor phones, just unlocked phones to begin with. Do you reckon I could try and convince them that I have a meteor phone and still get this deal?

That certainly won't work.They know from the serial number which phone is theirs and which isn't

fatal wrote: »
    That certainly won't work.They know from the serial number which phone is theirs and which isn't

/me goes to find the IMEI of my brother's meteor phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

culabula88 wrote: »
    Hi all. I rang meteor to ask for the unlock code for my phone and they offered me 150 free texts to any network , every month for the next 3 months if I didnt request it and rang back in three months time. All the other offers of meteor to meteor texts and call a friend for free will still hold they said.

Dont know if this is a one off thing or maybe a promotion on their part.

Funny you should post this, I also was rang them yesterday to get the unlocking code for my phone and was offered the same deal. It's only a once off thing though so I said no, just give me the code.

Then they said it would take 3 to 5 working days, a happy bunny I was not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's the story with this again? Are mobile operators legally obliged to give you the unlock code? I just bought a K800i but might be moving to three soon so would want to get it unlocked to either sell on or keep with three. What do you say when you ring up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

GDM wrote: »
    Funny you should post this, I also was rang them yesterday to get the unlocking code for my phone and was offered the same deal. It's only a once off thing though so I said no, just give me the code.

Then they said it would take 3 to 5 working days, a happy bunny I was not.
    Think I might try too even though I dont want my phone unblocked atm

cormie wrote: »
    What's the story with this again? Are mobile operators legally obliged to give you the unlock code? I just bought a K800i but might be moving to three soon so would want to get it unlocked to either sell on or keep with three. What do you say when you ring up?

When you ring up you tell them you'd like to request your five digit unlocking code, they'll ask you for the IMEI of your phone which you can get by dialling *#06#. After that they'll get back to you in 3 to 5 months(days;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

When you ring up you tell them you'd like to request your five digit unlocking code, they'll ask you for the IMEI of your phone which you can get by dialling *#06#. After that they'll get back to you in 3 to 5 months(days;)).

I rang vodafone last week to get my unlock code, have had the phone for the last year. they said i couldnt get the unlock code as i havent spent over €127 on credit in the last six months.

Was not happy

I just rang up o2 (who I'm with) and they gave me the unlock code then and there. I don't know if that had anything to do with me spending a lot of money in the past few months with them or if they would have given it had I not spent a penny too? Phone is now unlocked anyway :)

• Advertisement

meteor told me I had to have spent at least €130 to get the code. Lucky for me I have, which is reason I'm switching. I did expect them to give me the code over the phone, this waiting around is bull, surely they could have given me the code over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

cost only 7.5€ for 150 text message ;-)
    http://www.meteor.ie/personal/pay_as_you_go/5c_texts/

devil-80 wrote: »
    cost only 7.5€ for 150 text message ;-)
    http://www.meteor.ie/personal/pay_as_you_go/5c_texts/
    That's 7.50 extra worth of messages per month for 3 months just for staying with Meteor (which I plan on doing anyway). I'm defos going to try this.

Or just use this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165333 for even cheaper texts (I'm not sure how much it'll cost you meteor folk but I can send about 6-8 texts for a cent, yes, 1 cent!):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I just rang up o2 (who I'm with) and they gave me the unlock code then and there. I don't know if that had anything to do with me spending a lot of money in the past few months with them or if they would have given it had I not spent a penny too? Phone is now unlocked anyway :)

I'm guessing it's not an iPhone then!

Nope:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

chris85 wrote: »
    I rang vodafone last week to get my unlock code, have had the phone for the last year. they said i couldnt get the unlock code as i havent spent over €127 on credit in the last six months.

Was not happy

Hi Chris85,vodafone unlock code is available if you join vodafone .ie and its in there for you or it was last time i looked.

Its down the end of the page called nac

regds

Kieran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

When I was with 02 and wanted my unlock code they gave it to me no problem. Meteor when I rang them a while back didn't really want to give me it, but I got it out of them eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I just tried it there and was offered them!:D Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I'm happy:). Thanks culabula88.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

get phones unlocked at phoneexpo.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is your unlockong code not a 13 or so digit number?

Just rang up there, they offered it to me aswell, now i'm just a small bit confused, they topped my phone up by €10 and took the €7.50 off for the promo, fair enough but what i'm wondering now is are they going to deduct €7.50 for the next three months.(wouldn't be such a great offer then) I know i should have asked but i was just so happy with the offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Just rang up there, they offered it to me aswell, now i'm just a small bit confused, they topped my phone up by €10 and took the €7.50 off for the promo, fair enough but what i'm wondering now is are they going to deduct €7.50 for the next three months.(wouldn't be such a great offer then) I know i should have asked but i was just so happy with the offer!

Na they top you up each time. You are lucky, I only got topped up by €8.

deadly thanks for the reply! This is actually a great offer then, suppose they have to do something to stop everyone moving to 02.

You're actually right, it says on the vodafone website that I needed a five digit unlocking code, the code is actually much longer (got it today).

What the 5 digit thing actually is is the code vodafone send you when you switch to their SIM.

Anyone got the text bundle for this month yet?

Advertisement