Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6Hdi

Options
  • 18-04-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone drive one of these cars. Are they reliable? Thinking of getting one in the summer. Trading in a VW passat 1.9tdi.
    Like the way you climb into the Citroen and the fuel economy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the picasso isnt great looking but the xsara engine is pretty solid , besideswhy would you down grade to one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

The passat is 130bhp and it not great for town driving. Also this is my 2nd passat and I have had some niggly problems with both.
    I happened to rent a xsara picasso in France and enjoyed it alot. It does look a bit odd especially from the back but the main reason is fuel economy. Diesel is only going one way and that is up in price.
    The picasso road tax would be cheap at €250 against the €560 at moment for the passat.
    In order;
    reliability
    fuel economy
    comfort
    looks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

brilliant cars. im my opinion the hdi diesel engines are the best out of all the other ef d4d for toyota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rookie145

PadraigL wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone drive one of these cars. Are they reliable? Thinking of getting one in the summer. Trading in a VW passat 1.9tdi.
    Like the way you climb into the Citroen and the fuel economy.

You can be pretty sure that the engine is sound, it being a PSA unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

The picasso road tax would be cheap at €250 against the €560 at moment for the passat.

If its a pre 2008 Xsara Picasso 1.6HDi 92bhp road tax will be based on engine size ie €428 pa.

Emmissions are only 135 so road tax on a 2008 under the new rules will be €150.

If its a C4 Picasso 1.6HDI 110bhp emissions are 155 so falls into €290 band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Yea you are right King Kelly. The 250 would be a new registered passat.

I am also looking (rather than a new one here) at getting a 2nd hand one in england. Have been watching autotrader and there are some good deals. I know that there is no guarantee but I know a few people who have travelled over.

Can anyone who has one give details of the fuel economy. It says 58mpg average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

The passat is 130bhp and it not great for town driving. Also this is my 2nd passat and I have had some niggly problems with both.
    I happened to rent a xsara picasso in France and enjoyed it alot. It does look a bit odd especially from the back but the main reason is fuel economy. Diesel is only going one way and that is up in price.
    In order;
    reliability
    fuel economy
    comfort
    looks

I had a rental picasso 1.6hdi in lanzarote in November and I thought it was great. My company car at the time was a passat 2.0tdi(pile of s***e). The engine in the picasso made the vw sound like a tractor. My wife and father in law could not believe that the picasso was a diesel. Buy one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rookie145

Yea you are right King Kelly. The 250 would be a new registered passat.

I am also looking (rather than a new one here) at getting a 2nd hand one in england. Have been watching autotrader and there are some good deals. I know that there is no guarantee but I know a few people who have travelled over.

Can anyone who has one give details of the fuel economy. It says 58mpg average.

That should be possible, seeing as I get 60 plus from my Peugeot 206 1.4HDI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

depends on the gearbox in the car because if it carrys the stanard xsara engine you have to rev to 4-5 k to get moving to the speed limit of stnard town roads and that means you'll get 40ish mpg...

Advertisement