Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Routes in getting Qualified after Leaving Cert

• 18-04-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have been looking over some of the previous threads but I cannot find any in particular to answer my questions. I would appreciate any help :)

ex.
    ICAI
    1. Accounting Degree- 3 Years
    2. Work Full Time/Study Part-Time for 3 years Until completion of Exams
    Approx Time: 6 years

Generally I would like any advice on:
    1. My options and an idea of how long it would take to get qualified.
    2. Individual routes to take and the benefits.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

ICAI you have, here is ACCA:

School leaver – 14 exams full time study in 3 years – 3 years experience – ACCA qualified in 6 years but all exams out of the way in 3 years.

School leaver – 14 exams part time study in 3/4 years – 3 years experience – ACCA qualified in 3/4 years

School leaver –3 year business degree – 5 ACCA exams study P/T over 2 years – ACCA qualified in 6 years.

CAT (2 years) – ACCA 3 years P/T – ACCA qualified in 5 years

If I was starting again I would do a level 8 degree in a university or IT, get maximum ACCA exemptions, finish off the ACCA exams working full time and studying in the evening and have my exams ACCA finished a year after leaving college. 2 X 3 month summer holiday period work in an accountants office and then only have 2.5 years experience to get after college, so be finished my exams in 4 years and be qualified in 5.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

If you're considering an accounting career, then study Commerce or Accounting and Finance or Accounting. Preferably in one of the NUI's. Don't plan any further ahead!! When you get to 2nd year start thinking about what you wanna do. In the meantime, have fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Do you have to do 3 years work experience and have passed all 14 exams to be fully qualified in ACCA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

You must have the 3 years experience and all 14 papers passed (or exempt)

Advertisement