Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin bus radios

Options
  • 18-04-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hey just wondering why dublin bus dont play radio on buses, strange considering they sponsor the strawberry alarm clock on FM104????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

becuase it would be very, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

I've heard it being played sometimes but it does be down quiet low.. I think some of the drivers just turn it on for themselves.. It would be a good idea, but there would be so many different people to cater for that it would coz annoyance,,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wouldn't they have to get a licence of the IMRO is they really were going to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

God no, having to put up with scumbags playing their mobiles down the back of the bus is annoying enough without having to put up with annoying radio dj's droaning away in the background as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Clink wrote: »
    God no, having to put up with scumbags playing their mobiles down the back of the bus is annoying enough without having to put up with annoying radio dj's droaning away in the background as well.

seconded... lol...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Wouldn't they have to get a licence of the IMRO is they really were going to do it?

+1

This question was asked before. Drivers are allowed bring their own radios but not play them at a volume passengers could hear or DB would have to pay royalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I always wondered about this too, and I would have thought that some media outlet would have picked up on it.

Think about it in advertising terms: if you've a bus full of people for an average of 10 - 20 minutes at a time where they have no choice but to listen to your radio station AND advertising - surely that'd be priceless?

Dublin Bus should create their own radio station broadcasting on a separate frequency to their busses only, where they charge a furtune for advertising, thereby increasing revenue, and ultimately decreasing fares.

Damn. I should really put this shit in writing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Or they could go even further and install TVs on the buses like LA MTA did. They show TV shows, adverts and a route map on the side showing your exact location and the name of the next stop. link

Advertisement