Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcast debates

Options
  • 18-04-2008 10:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just a suggestion, with the often heated topical threads that are littered all over the site, we often see a couple of opposing posters that keep a debate playing at.

What do you think of getting said posters to continue the debate over a podcast?

Any views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's something that I thought of before alright, especially in the case where I personally was involved in a heated thread, I thought it'd be a good idea to talk about it on the podcast. However, I think really we want to abstract ourselves from talking about what's going on in individual threads - in other words, if you want to talk about a thread, do it on the podcast, but if you want to contribute to a thread, do it in the thread.

could be interesting tho, that's just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ok idea but ive a feeling people wont be as tough in person or willing to debate it, even if they do doubt itl get that heated.

throws 2c at TBH "have mine too buddy" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wilburt wrote: »
    ok idea but ive a feeling people wont be as tough in person or willing to debate it, even if they do doubt itl get that heated.

I reckon some issues could be fairly good. Certainly there'll be an element of "Ooh, now that it's real life I'd better not argue so much." but mostly I reckon people's opinions are exactly that, their opinions and opinions in general are usually fairly set in stone.

I reckon coming up with specific topics for the debates could be great.

e.g. 'Thanks' or 'No Thanks' or whatever the hot topic of the month is.

There's also the hilarious idea of 'Election Debates'. Mod of the Year etc. Would love to hear Ruu defending his title against other contenders (6th? - New mod on the block).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Mebbe

(i am also a new mod :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wilburt wrote: »
    Mebbe

(i am also a new mod :p)

Yeah, you too of course. Just thought of 6th because he'd likely cause controversy. Anyone can enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes, id love it.

Im much more interested in spoken word debates than on written word ones.

I come across better and more articulate, and probably less crass in spoken debates and i enjoy a good'ol worth while discussion

Advertisement