Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI cable

• 18-04-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times but where would be the cheapest place to buy a hdmi cable for the 360? I'm playing through component at the moment. Is it even worth getting a hdmi cable because my 32" screen isnt 1080p?

Sorry if this is another tedious HD question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Lidl had them this week for less than a tenner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You also need an xbox that has a HDMI connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Argos have them for €7.99. I presume there's a difference in quality between different brands? I've seen them in the likes of Dixons and Harvey Norman for over €40. Are these better quality cables or are they just overcharging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Argos have them for €7.99. I presume there's a difference in quality between different brands? I've seen them in the likes of Dixons and Harvey Norman for over €40. Are these better quality cables or are they just overcharging?

Overcharging. Unless you have the extreme top of the range tv and such, then you might notice a slight difference. On 95% of tvs you won't see a difference between a €10 no brand and a €60 brand one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

it plays HD through the component cables. HDMI cable is only useful if you need to free up your component slots for something else. Just remember to flick the switch on the connector to HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

there is NO difference in cheapo and high end cables - a digital signal is a digital signal there is no loss of information - it either all gets to the destination from the source or nothing - those monster cables are a scam

i got a 3m HDMI cable from zaavi (ex virgin) for €8 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Tesco-10e, 1.5m golf plated, end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

On 95% of tvs you won't see a difference between a €10 no brand and a €60 brand one.

On 100% percent of TV's there will be no picture or sound difference due to a HDMI cable. Fact.
    There are lots of scam companies trying this on at the moment , dont fall for it , Monster , QED , etc , are price gouging , as the previous poster said , Tesco 10 Euro , end of !!

Advertisement