Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

craichoe wrote: »
    http://www.autotrader.de/auto/kopen/voertuigdetail/98836432/Audi/A3/algemeen.htm?sortering=ALFABETISCH&trefwoord=3.2&merken=Audi&modellen=A3&paginaNummer=2&total=38&pos=19

Looking at something like this, anyone have any experience ?

Known problems / issues ?

Cost to run

Service intervals ?

Not living in Ireland so VRT isn't an issue.

nice car, but if your ever coming back to ireland is going to be very high motor tax and LHD, i would suggest buying in the UK and drive to Germany if your not staying there for good.

would also look at the older version of the current S3, some nice examples in the uk on pistonheads.http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/461008.htm

thinks to look out for, Timing Belt, tensioners, and Front Suspension Arms can be creeky and knocking and best replaced in total on the front end if your high mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Why is the link to a Auto Trader in Germany but the ad is in Dutch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

E92 wrote: »
    Why is the link to a Auto Trader in Germany but the ad is in Dutch?

Its a Dutch garage, I'm living in Holland at the moment, looking at staying here. They advertise on Autotrader.de since alot of people living near the border would look at importing.

That ones sold .. Dang :(

I believe though if i own it here for at least 6 months i can bring it back without incurring VRT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would an S3 be a better buy than the 3.2? The S3 would have more power from a smaller capacity engine, have Quottro 4WD and would probably be more entertaining to drive.

Downside is it would probably cost a bit more to buy and insure.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That ones sold ..

That was the first thing I spotted when I clicked on your link ;)
    if i own it here for at least 6 months i can bring it back without incurring VRT :D

Yep. But you need to have hard proof that you lived there for 6 months while owning the car. Bank accounts, utility bills, etc. - you get the picture

And you won't be able to sell it for another 12 months after moving back to Ireland (or if you do sell it, you'll have to pay the VRT!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

unkel wrote: »
    That was the first thing I spotted when I clicked on your link ;)

Yep. But you need to have hard proof that you lived there for 6 months while owning the car. Bank accounts, utility bills, etc. - you get the picture

And you won't be able to sell it for another 12 months after moving back to Ireland (or if you do sell it, you'll have to pay the VRT!)

Yeh,

i'm registered with the Gemeente (City Hall) and have bills and payslips, bank account in my name :D

Advertisement