Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Weekend Fixtures Boring Thread Title Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

McShane looks horribly out of his depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

pen for newcastle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

2-0, owen again with a penalty

owen

goal 2-0

just about squeezed it under gordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

2-0 to Toon, Mickey Owen penalty, not the best pen mind.

Great one-two leading up to the penalty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Can someone tell me where Emre is?

I feel KK should put Duff on in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Owen for a hatrick.

Sunderland racking up the cynical fouls today. McShane just looking dodgier and dodgier as the game goes on.

Half time.

Can someone tell me where Emre is?

Out injured, as usual.
    I feel KK should put Duff on in the second half.

Maybe. Duff had his chance earlier in Keegan's rein and looked about as motivated as a granny giving a blower. Maybe give him 20 mins, but the boys out there have all earned there places through steller performances in the last 6 games.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Owen for a hatrick.

Posted by my good self midweek in the Newcastle thread.
    Yeah it should be cracking, especially as it may dictate who finishes aboove of who. I would love to be heading over!

I can see Viduka, Owen, and Martins having a good time with their defence. This is the game I predict Owen to score a hat-trick, i'm putting that on record now.

Howay the lads!!!!!

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Duffer on for Martins for the last 20.

Elano is playing RIGHT BACK for City today. Yes that's RIGHT BACK. What the f*ck is going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Fair play to Newcastle and Kevin Keegan. Staying up, same amount of points as spurs now.

LMAO.......

''In Sven we trust''

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Elano is playing RIGHT BACK for City today. Yes that's RIGHT BACK. What the f*ck is going on there?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Owen is doing a dancing match around whether or not he's staying. I wasn't sure before, but I'm absolutely sure now he's leaving.

PHB wrote: »
    Owen is doing a dancing match around whether or not he's staying. I wasn't sure before, but I'm absolutely sure now he's leaving.

Where do you think he might go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Newcastle storming up the form table.

3 clean sheets in a row too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PHB where did you pluck that thought out of?

Mike.

If that backfires, Sven will be doing himself no favours with the current speculation.

TBH I feel sorry for Sven and City fans at the moment. By all accounts its been a great season, with some good foundations laid on for next season. However, Thaskin has opened an unnecessary can of worms that could drag on through the summer, and hinder City's moves in the transfer market.

• Advertisement

His post-match interview was hiliarous. It was like watching Bertie answer questions about his finance. He said lots, but actually said nothing, hilarious stuff.

Anderson considers his best position to be left back :) I think Brazilians left to play everywhere :P

Well apparently Elano did play in that position back in Brazil. However, he came out earlier this week and said he knows he's not good at defending. Maybe Sven thinks it's time he was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool is it then, Rafa said he had someone lined up who was not Engish but spoke it well (Owen is of course Welsh, really ;) )

Mike.

Haha :) I still think Owen would be a good signing for Liverpool if he was cheap enough, like under 10 million. You won't get a player of his quality for that price, and he's really adjusted his game now to his slower pace.

I'll agree with you that he kept his cards close to his chest in that interview, but I put that down to bargaining position.

Ashley has a reputation of being ruthless in business and driving hard-bargains, Owen's advisor's will know that. Owen's probably been told not to say he's desperate to stay because that will weaken him when they negotiate his new contract. After all, this is his last big contract.

By all accounts he seems to be really enjoying himself at the toon. He said the following to skysports.com
    "The manager called me into his office a week ago and told me about his plans for the future," the striker continued.

"He discussed the kind of players he wants to bring in and what ambitions he has for Newcastle United.

"I was really enthused by what he had to say. Everyone connected with the club is looking forward to next season with great anticipation.

"These last few weeks have given me a real appreciation of what Newcastle is all about. It has been my best spell since I arrival."

Anything can happen in football, but I would quite suprised if Owen's not with us next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

But who exactly would buy Owen?
    He obviously wants to stay in the Premiership and I can't see the top 4 touching him.

I'd have him at City no bother. Could happen if Sven stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why does he want to leave? Is it just to get a bumper contract?

No disrespect, but that's just a side-ways move, what would the point be?

I think Owen has really appreciated how KK has helped him adapt his game and build a team around him, and I can't see him leaving that setup unless it's to a top 4 team (which like I said in my post above, I still don't think are his intentions)

I think Owen has really appreciated how KK has helped him adapt his game and build a team around him, and I can't see him leaving that setup unless it's to a top 4 team (which like I said in my post above, I still don't think are his intentions)

I agree that he won't get into a top 4 team. All I was saying was that if he did happen to be unhappy and for some reason wanted a move we would be a likely destination. More so than any other club.

• Advertisement

I think he could get into a top 4 team, it just depends on how cheap he is.

I think he could get into a top 4 team, it just depends on how cheap he is.

I really don't thin he'd be cheap at all. He's English, has a proven pedigree, experience at the highest level, and most importantly, plays for team presently free of debt and under the ownership of a billionaire. Newcastle paid over 18 million for him, and seeing as we have no need to sell him, I can't see him going for a penny below that (or probably a fair bit more). But like I said, I think (and hope) Owen and the board aren't even thinking of a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I really don't thin he'd be cheap at all. He's English, has a proven pedigree, experience at the highest level, and most importantly, plays for team presently free of debt and under the ownership of a billionaire. Newcastle paid over 18 million for him, and seeing as we have no need to sell him, I can't see him going for a penny below that (or probably a fair bit more). But like I said, I think (and hope) Owen and the board aren't even thinking of a move.

Whats left on his contract?

You ignore the most important part charlie, he has only one year left on his contract. If he wants to move, he's 28 now, he can move for a free transfer when he's 29, something he's done before. I can see him moving for less than 10 million due to that fact. They'd rather get something for him now if he plans to leave than nothing for an extra year. He's not worth 10 million for one year.

You ignore the most important part charlie, he has only one year left on his contract. If he wants to move, he's 28 now, he can move for a free transfer when he's 29, something he's done before. I can see him moving for less than 10 million due to that fact. They'd rather get something for him now if he plans to leave than nothing for an extra year. He's not worth 10 million for one year.

Fair point.

1-0 City - Vassell.

David James you clown! You looked dodgy against us, but that's just idiotic.

Think Ireland was going for the goal and not the pass?

EDIT: 2-0 - Petrov

Silky feet, but the Pompey defence is all over the shop.

1-0 City!!!!!

Vassell via Calamity James

2-0!!!!!!! Petrov!

newcastle to city is hardly a sideways move, its a good step up

• Advertisement

The masterful stephen Ireland at work....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Reina & James no equal on clean sheets. Could it be three golden gloves awards in a row for Reina ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Damn, that Elano dude can play just about any position (except GK obviously), can't he. A class act :cool:

City have been amazing.

Hhahahah Joe Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Pompey get 1 back. Crap keeping/defending.

• Advertisement

2-1

2-1 Joe Hart trying to outdo calamity James?

Helix wrote: »
    newcastle to city is hardly a sideways move, its a good step up

And you basis for this is what?

Lovely game.

Ireland's playing very very well now that's he's having a run in the centre

• Advertisement
Advertisement