Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV has gone gold

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Wow, fantastic clip, really gives me an urge to grab a rocket launcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm never gonna give up watching that gameplay footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

I'm never going to tell a lie i wish i gotten those hints....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Quality footage there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tman wrote: »
    There has also been some new gameplay footage revealed - watch it here
    It's been done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry to let you down, Basquille

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it only went gold now ?

don't they only start pressing dvd's once the game has gone gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

wow, that footage is so good i think i've experienced enough of the game that I don't need to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Man that footage never gets old, but it reminds me alot of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay :(

This means I'll see it when I'm in work not be allowed to take it home :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Where u working Zap?

I work part-time in GAME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

any idea when it comes in?

I work in a store where when its in i have it. mite even stretch to some boardsies if we get several

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looking very good.

Trust me Frelance.. you won't be playing it before the release date! ;)

The DLP in Microsoft are on full alert for it being played before street date this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just watching the tv promo's now.

if LCD soundsystem is in this game i can't ****ing wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

basquille wrote: »

The DLP in Microsoft are on full alert for it being played before street date this year.

those devils that have cracked their firmware have a shorter wait than most i feel if its on the way to shops already;)

those devils that have cracked their firmware have a shorter wait than most i feel if its on the way to shops already;)
    Maybe but I'm betting Microsoft will employ an 'XBox Live Update Required' as soon as the game is inserted into the console so it'll force them to go on XBox Live before they can play it... and BAM, the DLP have them! ;)

Just speculation of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Surely they cant do that.
    how about people without internet connections?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Thats true. Not everyone is connected, it wouldn't be much good releasing the game for those who have access only.

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but don't they already do this?

Practically every game I've bought has required an update from XBox Live on it's first play.

Maybe but I'm betting Microsoft will employ an 'XBox Live Update Required' as soon as the game is inserted into the console so it'll force them to go on XBox Live before they can play it... and BAM, the DLP have them! ;)

Just speculation of course!
    your breaking my heart here basq:):)

can't see them looking for online registration tbh dude, i think we would have been warned by now (e.g. steam)

Highly highly doubt that, they didn't do anything about halo3 being played early, and that's a microsoft game.

your breaking my heart here basq:):)

can't see them looking for online registration tbh dude, i think we would have been warned by now (e.g. steam)
    I don't mean online registration but this 'update required' from XBox Live is pretty common and it's a perfect scenario to force any offline gamers (trying to slip under the radar of the DLP) online for the update. And their status changed and broadcasted to "Playing: Grand Theft Auto IV".

I've refused those 'Update Required' prompts before and they don't let you play the game until you download it... it's not just me, is it? :D
    ShaneU wrote:
    Highly highly doubt that, they didn't do anything about halo3 being played early, and that's a microsoft game.
    Really? - you sure about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

F**k it, thats the second time i've been caight out with that one

I could be wrong but don't they already do this?

Practically every game I've bought has required an update from XBox Live on it's first play.

i have cod 4, bioshock, orange box, dirt, dmc4 and other and amen't connected to the net via 3sexty so feeling confident with gta4 ;)

I work part-time in GAME.

And your told you cant staff loan it until the release day?

Surely nothing will happen if you get to play it before the official release date? The fellas that got banned for Halo 3 was because they downloaded the developers beta copy.

i have cod 4, bioshock, orange box, dirt, dmc4 and other and amen't connected to the net via 3sexty so feeling confident with gta4 ;)
    Did you never get a prompt to download an update on insertion of a game? Like so!

I know I was prompted on Orange Box a few evenings ago.

Am not sure how it works for offline players but I assume they need to get the updates elsewhere.
    Surely nothing will happen if you get to play it before the official release date?
    Oh.. it would without doubt.

It probably wouldn't be as severe as a store selling it early.. but a lifetime banning from XBox Live would definitely be on the cards (see second link above on 'you sure about that?').

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the retail version of the game, not an illegal near-final build (Halo epsilon). And no-one who got the game early in Argos was banned (e.g. me) despite what that PR guy said.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'm talking about the retail version of the game, not an illegal near-final build. And no-one who got the game early in Argos was banned, despite what that PR guy said.

Ye that was a near finished beta version of Halo 3 not the retail copy. It not illegal to play a game before the release date surely?

Ye that was a near finished beta version of Halo 3 not the retail copy. It not illegal to play a game before the release date surely?
    Illegal to sell it, not to play it ;)

Fair enough lads.. apologies, didn't read the Halo 3 article fully. D'oh!

Maybe you're right.. but if I was the boss of a gaming store like that, i'd be apprehensive to let my employees play it early.

What if you work in a game shop and bring it home on friday. Nothing goes through the till until tues so whats the problem?

Maybe you're right.. but if I was the boss of a gaming store like that, i'd be apprehensive to let my employees play it early.

So would I, but only if I knew Zapp Brannigan would come onto boards boasting about buying early from my shop :D

• Advertisement

Here is what Microsoft said about people playing halo 3 early

http://kotaku.com/gaming/halo-3/microsoft-no-one-gets-banned-for-halo-3-301615.php

Did you never get a prompt to download an update on insertion of a game? Like so!

amm....off the top of my head i think so alright but it just doesn't connect to live and ya can play the game after selecting o.k., i presume it is to catch illegal copies of games being played ya know

never connected myself mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

give up basq! Those lucky few who get their hands on it 24 hours early are gonna be boasting on threads here way before most of us start playing.

No point trying to scare them off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Would expect a DLP type thing with GTA , makes sense really.

I doubt MSFT actually care about anyone not on live as far as they concerned they pirates.

Quick math 6 million people play on live a day at 7.50ish a month = mucho casho.

So what if people have cracked consoles Live is the product they selling and Xboxes and i bet every cracked xbox owner has a working xbox or a live account ...win win really.

kdjac

And your told you cant staff loan it until the release day?

Yup we're not allowed take games home until we can buy them :(
    Sucks cos Gamestop staff are allowed take games earlier.

Basq: They won't punish people for playing games before the release date. The whole Halo 3 thing only applied to MS employees.

• Advertisement

Yup we're not allowed take games home until we can buy them :(
    Sucks cos Gamestop staff are allowed take games earlier.
    I know the manager of a Gamestop and he said they're under strict instructions NOT to bring it home before it's on sale.

I know the manager of a Gamestop and he said they're under strict instructions NOT to bring it home before it's on sale.

I know one too and he lets his staff bring them home. Too bad the shop is too far away for me to work in :confused:

I know one too and he lets his staff bring them home. Too bad the shop is too far away for me to work in :confused:
    Every other game they sell he's brought home.. but not the case with GTA IV.

They were specifically warned that it's a special case!

Oh you're specifically talking about GTA! Yeah I'd say that'd be the case alright, haven't talked to the guy I know in awhile.

Every other game they sell he's brought home.. but not the case with GTA IV.

They were specifically warned that it's a special case!

Same for Halo 3. You know the manager in the sligo store?

Same for Halo 3. You know the manager in the sligo store?
    Yep. I do indeed.

Dave. He is a good guy.

Yep, pure sound guy alright.

Have known him for years.

How is the Gamestop in Sligo doing? Its small enough but it always seemed busy anytime I was in it.

How is the Gamestop in Sligo doing? Its small enough but it always seemed busy anytime I was in it.
    He's was saying it's very quiet as of late.. not enough people buying games.

But they'd taken almost 200 pre-orders for GTA IV last time I was talking to him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement