Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transporting/Moving a car from Wexford to Galway

Options
  • 18-04-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello,

Would anyone have an idea as to how much this would cost or wherei coudl find a company to do it? I am thinking about buying a 1974 beetle and will need to get it transported up to Galway.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chewb

I would say anyone who does breakdown recovery would do it. Ask your local lads that do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If you cannot find someone locally to do it I have a friend based in Cork that has a recovery truck. He may do it (for a fee, not sure how much, would have to ask). See if you can get someone local with a recovery truck first.
    Have a specific Beetle in mind? Used to have one, it was great fun, not a good car (handling, etc.) or reliable (like a Corolla say), but good fun.

Here was my 1974 Beetle:

P7300004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32 squirterist

Thanks for that, the Beetle is a 1974 soft top. I got a removal quote for 110 which isnt bad, i might ask the owner to knock that off the price. Id love the car just for occasional drives..i dont think it would be up to much else. The owner said Id get 20 miles out of her, I spose he means at a time... Will have to have a good think about buying this over the weekend.

BTW - your old beetle is lovely, esp the california license plate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭salamander27

hi squirterist,
    E110. I think it sounds resonable. Could you tell me who gave you that quote? I've got to move an old transit from wterford to galway soon.
    Thanks
    M

Advertisement