Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MOD Brands... which is the best?

Options
  • 18-04-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Hi All

just a quick question.

I'm buying and Evo 5 next week. The car has a couple of mods

HKS Coilovers
    HKS Induction Kit
    Full HKS Exhaust

As far as MODS go, how good are HKS?
    would they be like a TOP level MOD or just a cheapo?

just want to no when I'm negotiating the price.

Cheers
    G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

pretty near the top and pretty expensive, definately not "cheapo" items

http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1084

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Thanks for your reply, how would you rate them against otehr MOD Manufaturers?

IE TEIN, JIC, KAKIMOTO etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Depends, different companies have better things for different cars and it all depends on what kind of a setup you want, for example tein suspension is very well know and probably the best but it can be rougher than hks or vice versa so some people may prefer hks over tein.

Hks Seems very popular with Evo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

draffodx wrote: »
    Depends, different companies have better things for different cars and it all depends on what kind of a setup you want, for example tein suspension is very well know and probably the best but it can be rougher than hks or vice versa so some people may prefer hks over tein.

Hks Seems very popular with Evo's

Couldn't agree more. A prime example is coil overs. If you want a track set-up there perfect but may be totally un-suitable for a daily driver. I lost count of the amount of times i head planted the roof with with those small speed bumps. It also wound up traffic behind me.

My advice to you is talk to an owners club and find out what works rather than going out and buying HKS everything and finding your car is too hard to get the power down because your getting the stuffing shaken out of you.

By now the owners club will be able to tell you what works and what doesn't for your budget. You'll often find that you can get better results with carefully chosen stuff that has been proven.

Advertisement