Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 18-04-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction two weeks ago, which has now passed. The mod concerned has me on ignore, so can someone help please?

Regards,

freddie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Infractions are just quick ways to pm you that you broke a forum rule.

Why would you need to contact a mod if the infraction has passed?

Did you get banned from a forum also and need to let the mod know to lift the ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Vexorg wrote: »
    Infractions are just quick ways to pm you that you broke a forum rule.

Why would you need to contact a mod if the infraction has passed?

Did you get banned from a forum also and need to let the mod know to lift the ban?

That's it Vexorg.

I was informed that I had received a ban for two infractions (but I was not warned bout the first one - was banned at the same time as I received notification, which I thought was a bit odd - or is this normal?).

The forum is the Waterford City forum.

Many thanks for getting back.:)

Regards,

Freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Freddie59 wrote: »
    That's it Vexorg.

I was informed that I had received a ban for two infractions (but I was not warned bout the first one - was banned at the same time as I received notification, which I thought was a bit odd - or is this normal?).

It depends on the reason for the ban, trolling, spam and being a nuisance might get a ban without warning, different forums have different ways of dealing with these and moderators may have a greater or lesser degree of tolerence.

Is there a "history" with the Mod, it would be unusual for a mod to have you on ignore if there was not history of some sort.

Anyhow, I have pmd the mods to have a look to see if the ban could be lifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Vexorg wrote: »
    It depends on the reason for the ban, trolling, spam and being a nuisance might get a ban without warning, different forums have different ways of dealing with these and moderators may have a greater or lesser degree of tolerence.

Is there a "history" with the Mod, it would be unusual for a mod to have you on ignore if there was not history of some sort.

Anyhow, I have pmd the mods to have a look to see if the ban could be lifted.

Thanks for that Vexorg.

Have explained in PM.

Advertisement