Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melodyne 2.0. I don't know whether to be excited or frightened!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Hi Frobisher,

Yes it certainly looks like a nice tool, especially for 'last minute fix' kind of stuff. On the other hand I don't think people will use that much on anything other than vocals. If the guitar is out of tune well it was a bad recording to begin with. What do you think of it yourself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

this is gonna be fantastic for electronic music producers moreso than guys recording traditional stuff imo, the things you could do with a single chord off a sample cd are mindboggling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

frobisher wrote: »

Jeeze frobisher, this has sooo been done to death! ;):p
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253598&highlight=melodyne
    Helix wrote: »
    this is gonna be fantastic for electronic music producers moreso than guys recording traditional stuff imo, the things you could do with a single chord off a sample cd are mindboggling

Yes, I think the potential creative applications of this are being overlooked in favour of the practical/utility applications.

In the meantime, SPEAR is a cool free tool worth checking out, it allows you to remove/modify partials in a similar way Melodyne does, only its obviously not quite as smart and groundbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

cornbb wrote: »

Haha.... *Frob wakes up*

I think that guys like me, self recording songwriters playing all instruments could get great use out of this. There's only a certain amount of things you can be your best at, for me I want that to be songwriting. A tool like this would mean that my efforts at playing whatever instrument is at hand could be a lot more forgiving. But then I could see some people without the expereince in the studio ending up with very processed sounding parts. Still, I would ahve to give it a go!!

Advertisement