Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

19 inch lcd tv at aldi on Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

It's a Tevion :(

Can any of the speccy techs tell me if its worth the price?

* HD ready 480p/576p/720p/1080i
    * NICAM digital stereo
    * Teletext
    * 19" wide LCD screen with built-in DVD player
    * Aspect ratio: 16:10
    * Resolution: 1440 (H) × 900 (V)
    * Brightness: 300cd/m2
    * Contrast ratio: 800:1
    * Response time: 5ms
    * Viewing angle: 150° (H), 130° (V)
    * On screen display
    * 10 page Teletext
    * Playback: DVD, CD, MP3, JPEG picture CD
    * 1 × HDMI input, 1 × SCART
    * Remote control

€299

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

armour87 wrote: »
    It's a Tevion :(
    Name was right beside it I was looking at the TV itself! Is that their own Aldi brand?. Bush 19 inch in tesco same price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Take a spin across the border where you'll get the Aldi model for a penny under UK£200 which equates to just under €253 in todays rates. then spend your savings in Sainsbury's for the grocery's or Argos if they have one of their sales on;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

299 is a bit steep for a non-brand like that.
    Thanks for the alert OP but I'll hold out for something a little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

You can get a 26" Acoustic Solutions HDTV in Argos for €400 and you have the 14 day return policy.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dman001 wrote: »
    You can get a 26" Acoustic Solutions HDTV in Argos for €400 and you have the 14 day return policy.

That telly any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone know if the Tevion plays mpeg4?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

anyone know if the Tevion plays mpeg4?
    Looking at the specs, it doesn't seem so.

Personally, I think you'd be better off with a seperate TV and DVD Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

jayteecork wrote: »
    That telly any use?

My father bought the Acoustics Soloutions 32inch lcd with built in freeview for 450euro and 19inch Dual lcd, built in DVd and Freeview for 250euro both in Argos Armagh and both are extremely good tv's and great value...well worth the trip across the border with the way sterling is at the minute..:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Aldi's are almost always Tevions or Medions for PC Monitors etc...

There was an ad a few days ago for a 32" LCD in Tesco for the same price (leaves a lot to be said about the probable quality of course), forgot to throw it up here - not sure if they're still about at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 softboyz

I personally wouldn't pay that much for an aldi brand telivision firstly it seems costly for a cheap make tv and secondly you can buy a 19inch Alba tv in argos for €189
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5295391/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14573554/c_2/2|cat_14573554|Televisions|14573715/c_3/3|cat_14573715|14+inch+to+24+inch+LCD+TVs|14573718.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

See if Argos have any calendars while you're at it :rolleyes:

Advertisement