Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: Thursday nitelife in Cavan town

Options
  • 18-04-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm planning a nite out in cavan town and was wondering if anyone knows the best pub to go to on a thursday night. any with live music or just good craic. or even a few, we might make time for a pub crawl! oh and whats the story on night clubs? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

live music on a Thursday. hmm, possibly McMahons, An Sibin or The Imperial Bar, all of which are on the Main Street. I don't know if there would actually be any live music on but they'd be good ebough craic. I personally detest McMahons because the music is far too loud to enjoy yourself and hear what your mate who is sitting beside you is trying to say. it is very popular so others must like it.

I'd recommend Noel Brady's Bar on the Main Street it's great craic if you're in there with a few friends, friendly staff and the prices are respectable.

as for nightclubs, there's only two in the town, they are the Farnham (OTO) and the Imperial (Vision) nightclubs. on a Thursday I think the Farnham would be busy with a lot of the college students who study in the Cavan Institute whereas the Imperial generally hosts an older crowd, about 22+.

hope that's helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

you could also look at the cavan pub thread on this forum!! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234463
    yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fruitandnut

Thanks a mill for the help :D

Advertisement