Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Dancing/Music in Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I have a friend visiting Ireland from Japan tomorrow and they want to see Irish Dancing/Music.

Where would be a good place for this tomorrow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Any pub where enough beer is consumed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

PH4T wrote: »
    I have a friend visiting Ireland from Japan tomorrow and they want to see Irish Dancing/Music.

Where would be a good place for this tomorrow?

A different forum cheif;) you won't get any serious answeres here. Don't worry a mod will be along shortly to move you somewhere you will get a proper response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Might get a better answer in Dublin City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

the Cobblestones Bar in Smithfield or Hughes both have good traditional music sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The only place I know with regular Irish dancing (not the Riverdance kind, no outfits, just regular people dancing!) is O'SHea's Merchant on Merchant's Quay at Church St bridge. The 'dance floor' is fairly small, but large enough for set dancing, which is the norm there. Best to get there by 10pm. Think there is dancing every night.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

what aboutthat place on Bachelor's walk, I am not sure whether they do it or not, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The Arlington Hotel do Irish Dancing and dinner... kinda like a show. It's on Bachelors Walk.

Advertisement