Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfasud.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Had a Alfasud Ti 1.5 , loved it . But it diddnt last :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

With the resurgence in older car ownership, does anyone know of an Alfasud on the go? ... anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Did someone mention Suds? :pac:

As my user ID suggests I am a bit of a fan of them.

I recall in my late teens test driving a few brand new ones but of course didn't have any money to buy one back then.

I have made up for this in recent years though and am now on my 4th sud - still owning two very nice examples which I am glad to report are used on dry days and are totally rust free.

Here is my 83' 1.3Ti - a neat car and a great driver but I am afraid its for sale at the minute.
    sud41.jpg
    sud23.jpg
    sud.jpg

Here is my 78' 1.3Ti. Bought from Richard Bremner who wrote for Car magazine and is still an active UK car journalist.
    IMAG0064.jpg
    blank434x370.jpg
    sudMkI.jpg

... and my recently sold 1981 Sprint 1.5 Veloce. Nice car too but I owned 8 classics so had to sell a few.
    IMAG0010-1.jpg
    IMAG0025800x600.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

blank434x370.jpg

How much for the dog? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Luck man, they are some classy cars. Didn't Richard Bremner, write about one he was restoring, is that the one you have.

:D:D:D:D all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Lovely, lovely, lovely...

I compliment your taste. I think I remember Bremner writing about that 'Sud years and years back. I think there was something about the (Ti?) badge for rear pillers being a bugger to find.

I can't justify a classic but if i ever buy one a 'Sud will be close to top of the list. This would probably be slightly ahead in the list though:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Other/Other/Peugeot-504/963117/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

pburns wrote: »
    Lovely, lovely, lovely...

I compliment your taste. I think I remember Bremner writing about that 'Sud years and years back. I think there was something about the (Ti?) badge for rear pillers being a bugger to find.

I can't justify a classic but if i ever buy one a 'Sud will be close to top of the list. This would probably be slightly ahead in the list though:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Other/Other/Peugeot-504/963117/

That's very tasty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

WHITE_P wrote: »
    Luck man, they are some classy cars. Didn't Richard Bremner, write about one he was restoring, is that the one you have.

:D:D:D:D all the way.

Sadly its not. It was the one he had previous to this - a series II that he restored and I asked him did the sud I have ever appear in any publication and he said it did not.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Well, well, well... they all come out of the wood-work (or should I say rust holes) now!
    I've had a number of boxer engined 145's and 146's. Still driving my '97 145 TS, which if I do say so myself is in fairly OK nick. (apart for the loose exhaust, variator, poor air metering on a warm day and peeling front bumper...)

AlfaGuy - good to see the cars are still in fine order and that you haven't stopped selling the local scenery of Kerry in the photos... ;). That shed turned out well for a DIY job!

Advertisement