Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an introduction.and a look at my portfolio!

Options
  • 18-04-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

hey all.only found out about these froms recently enough. never knew there was an irish-specific one out there on tattoos,peircing etc.!! anyway,been browsing and thought i'd post up some of my drawings/paintings i'm getting together for a portfolio[with the intetion of getting an apprenticeship sometime in the future]. you can take a look at some i've been doing over the last week here http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/monkeysdonkey/new%20paintings/

theres more pictures in my main gallery too. been working primarily in the trad/old school style of late.this imagery intrests me the most. take a look,and ofcourse any feedback would be great. i'm 23, from the west, with two art qualifications, working in traditional stained glass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

oh,all the paintings are done with arcylic,not watercolours. the pencilled ones are done using berol prisma-colours,the business for pencil colour flash.they blend like no other,in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Even though they are scanned images they still look impressive! Nice work man

a response already.record time! thanks.ya my scanner is ****.came in a package deal from pc world.and i need to upgrade pronto.thanks for checking them out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

tayto909 wrote: »
    hey all.only found out about these froms recently enough. never knew there was an irish-specific one out there on tattoos,peircing etc.!! anyway,been browsing and thought i'd post up some of my drawings/paintings i'm getting together for a portfolio[with the intetion of getting an apprenticeship sometime in the future]. you can take a look at some i've been doing over the last week here http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/monkeysdonkey/new%20paintings/

theres more pictures in my main gallery too. been working primarily in the trad/old school style of late.this imagery intrests me the most. take a look,and ofcourse any feedback would be great. i'm 23, from the west, with two art qualifications, working in traditional stained glass.
    are ye trying to start tattooing? ye drawings are good to me.

hi,thanks for the comment, i'll have more stuff up over the weekend hopefully, so check back soon.ya, it's what i want to do, more than anything.i'm going down the apprenticeship road.have some studio experience already, about 7/8 months of cleaning needles and tubes,autoclaving lunch errands etc.the basic basics really.but that was in a different country [new zealand] and a year or two ago now.
    so at the moment just trying to get a few more paintings/drawings together, get my portfolio looking half presentable. i have a studio in mind that works in the style i'm into,i'm planning to get a piece off them soon, multiple sessions.. so maybe i can eventually work in my situation into a conversation or somthing,hahaha. i'm not under any impression that i can show up at a studio and get hired etc..tis a long road

• Advertisement

long and windy road with pit falls along the way ;_;

ya,i've heard my fair share of horror stories. and costly[10k stg] 'apprenticeships'.

haha I was offered a 3 week apprenticeship in piercing if I coughed up €2,000!
    If it was for a year* I'd gladly do it but 3 weeks... don't think so

*Under a very good piercer

ya, i'd believe that alrite. got to be wary of the bullh*t merchants. if there's no term of employment with the mentor at the end of the apprenticeship i guess it says alot for their faith in the training etc. thats been given to you.it would be nice to be seen as an asset to the studio after you've been trained by them,if you get me?
    also wilburt, if your in the know,any studios around the country that are tattooing this kind of old school imagery frequently? or a studio that is renouned for it?? just doing a bit of homework.cheers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I really like the style ye have going on - if ye can tattoo as well as ye can draw, there should be no probs! Best of luck!!!

• Advertisement

Old school tattooing, hmm classic ink in templebar dublin i think, zulu tattoo in templebar also. Anyone else know of any that are known for their old school stuff? o.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I'd say Art Tattoo and Classic Ink. I haven't seen much oldskool coming out of Zulu though.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

very very nice, I'm really impressed. If your still hanging around these parts when I get enough cash together for my backpiece I'd love to look you up and get some help with the design if you'd be interested? I'm thinking of a full old school style backpiece with a sacred heart as the center piece. It would be a cover up of a crappy outline thats already there.....but I'm hoping the general shape will fit in will to be covered by what I want...IYKWIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

some amazing drawings there, fair play to ye! Keep us posted on how ye get on!

as for styles of places, zulu is pretty nu skool i think, snakebite has a new artist that does good old skool stuff iirc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I LOVE the wing one to be honest.
    Would it be cool if i used it on myself?! :rolleyes:

the one with the banner? fire right ahead..no problem.let me know how you get on if you get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sweet:D
    It'll be long while before i get it done, being only 17 and all that carry on.
    But once i get it i'll be sure to get a pic up or you too see! =]

Advertisement