Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much could I expect to knock off this colt? (Dealer)

Options
  • 18-04-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.galwaymotoring.com/galway-car-used-new-used-car-details.php?i=21288

Haven't had a look at it yet and I don't know what (if any) sort of warranty the dealer is offering. I dont even know if teh timing belt has been done

Suppose it all checks out and is a clean car, how much could I expect to knock off considering i'd be paying a deposit there and then? I was thinking i'd be doing alright to get it for 4k if it's clean - I want a reliable car for the gf's first wagon with a warranty - don't want her nagging to me if something breaks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

I'd say you would be lucky to get it at €4000. If the dealer has priced it according to Carzone he'd know he has it fairly priced, so I doubt he would allow much room in price. But as they say, you won't know until you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

T J Hooker wrote: »
    I'd say you would be lucky to get it at €4000. If the dealer has priced it according to Carzone he'd know he has it fairly priced, so I doubt he would allow much room in price. But as they say, you won't know until you try.

I see your point, but Asking price != selling price ;) He may chang ehis attitude if I put down a deposit there and then (after an inspection)... I'd prefer to buy privately but if it comes with a warranty I may just get it

-Edit- Comes up as 4.5k value OMSP on ros.ie

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Comes up as 4.5k value OMSP on ros.ie

and look at the price the others are selling for, above that. If it comes with a warranty and its a clean accident free car any sort of discount could be considered a bargain IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

and look at the price the others are selling for, above that. If it comes with a warranty and its a clean accident free car any sort of discount could be considered a bargain IMO.

Correction for sale for, not selling at!

I wouldnt offer him a penny over 4k if he doesnt want it then walk away and wait for another one. Both the uk and ireland are swamped with cars people cant get rid of.

I'll offer him 4100 if all checks out and comes with a warranty of some sort. I reckon the timing belt will have to be done - Wouldn't mind that could do it in an afternoon but it'd be nice to be done

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'll offer him 4100 if all checks out and comes with a warranty of some sort. I reckon the timing belt will have to be done - Wouldn't mind that could do it in an afternoon but it'd be nice to be done

In all fairness if you offer him €4100 he is going to come back with something like €4300. So you may as well start lower like €3800 or similar and let him negotiate down. If you start too high you can only lose. You never know he might just offer to meet you in the middle. Again, if you dont try you'll never know.

In all fairness if you offer him €4100 he is going to come back with something like €4300. So you may as well start lower like €3800 or similar and let him negotiate down. If you start too high you can only lose. You never know he might just offer to meet you in the middle. Again, if you dont try you'll never know.

I'm a blunt kinda guy. If the GF likes it i'll offer him €4100, if he says No, i'll say "Good day" and drive onto the next car on the list :)

Advertisement