Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio 6.0

Options
  • 18-04-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any ideas where I could pick up a copy of Visual Studio 6.0?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You'll get it from www.amazon.co.uk. It's going to cost you though.

What exactly are you looking for? Buying the complete suite might be overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

*hellm0 is crippled with terrible flashbacks of VB 6 and the MFC monster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

What exactly are you looking for? Buying the complete suite might be overkill.
    I just need it for VB6 really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hrududu wrote: »
    I just need it for VB6 really.
    Get the standalone VB 6 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

As far as i know you can order it from the Microsoft developer network. I ordered it about 5 years ago via CKbusiness.... We ended up buying a .net licence to keep them happy from a licensing point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Ta

The way I believe Visual Studio Licensing works is once you have a license it is valid for any previous version of Visual Studio as long as only that version is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,307 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im pretty sure Microsoft makes freely available certain express packages of its Visual Studio software: such as c# and c++.

Yes yes: here you go - Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition

May be a VS6 version out there somewhere as well but this may suit your needs just as easilly.

No there's not. As far as I know VS6 has been discountinued. That being said I thought I saw something about licensing recently on MSDN but haven't been able to find it since.

Advertisement