Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monster cables "Bully-boy-tactics" fail, they messed with the wrong person

• 18-04-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Monster Cable possibly messed with wrong person, they sent a cease and desist letter to Blue Jean Cable about their Tartan cables for a possible IP infringement. Unfortunately what Monster Cable and their lawyers did not foresee is that the owner of the company was a former lawyer by profession.

Full article here

Well worth the read, I love it when the underdog wins.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was tempted to post this when I read Kurt Denke's letter: It really is a brilliant read especially if you're legal/justice inclined. also covered over at Gizmodo: whom seem to have their own personal reservations against Monster.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Overheal wrote: »
    I was tempted to post this when I read Kurt Denke's letter: It really is a brilliant read especially if you're legal/justice inclined.

I think you need to be technically inclined as well. Who are these Monster cables, and why is this such a big story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭haz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Well worth the read, I love it when the underdog wins.

Switchcraft won against use of Neutrik trade dress infringement for an alleged copy of the Speakon connector back in 2002, but this sounds like an attempt to protect the cosmetics of the connector rather than the patented function (which isn't Monster's). Could be a huge field for lawyers who want to learn the technicalities of guitar FX boxes and PC case modding because copying is rife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think you need to be technically inclined as well. Who are these Monster cables, and why is this such a big story?

I originally posted this in the Computers & Technology forum and it was moved here

Monster Cables are a well known manufacturer of audio cables. They love going after smaller companies selling expensive cables, even though their cables are cheap and quite low quality mass produced crap. They think a single letter will stop a company from making the product that supposedly infringes upon their IP

Advertisement