Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Design Back from Carhalho

Options
  • 18-04-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

and is here...
    boards2sm.jpg
    (big one here)
    they had to move the Cullen Bookmaking logo up on to the pockets as it would get completely lost in the seams where it was originally placed, but I think it looks ok!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I think it looks great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

the boards.ie on the legs are falling off or sticking out :eek:
    but seriously though, is the top of the bibs going to be white or black? Don't suppose it matters much though as they'll mostly be covered with the jersey.

Love the way they charge 235 euro to move the logo - "Design fee" my ar$e, sure the work was done for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Looks great - any idea when they will be deliveried to you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking good, can't wait.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    but seriously though, is the top of the bibs going to be white or black? Don't suppose it matters much though as they'll mostly be covered with the jersey.

They wrap around, it's just to show what the graphic is!

I presume to top part is white, but as you say, it won't make a difference

• Advertisement

Looks great - any idea when they will be deliveried to you

About 4 weeks after the order goes in, which will be next Friday I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I suppose it will be a chance for all of us to meet up.

I suggest a night on the town, wearing the boards kit! Don't make me go solo!

EDIT: We could do a variation on pub golf, l'etape de pub: with designated sprinting stages, hill climbs, etc. :D

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I suppose it will be a chance for all of us to meet up.

I'm game ball, would be great if a bunch of us headed out in the boards gear for a spin, would certainly turn heads :)
    Maybe one of the photography heads could take a few snaps too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Looks good.

There's a possiblity of a new long running thread, namely Boards kit sightings. We could post whenever we spot someone wearing it and figure out who it was. Or get pictures of ourselves wearing it aborad, e.g. wearing your Boards kit on top of Alpe d'Huez etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

haha that boards.ie spotting is a good idea.

Sorry, but I ain't going to a pub dressed in cycling gear. I have to draw the line somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

hehe good idea el tonto

I reckon there will be a few threads in AH about people spotting the boards logo cycling about.

Verb wrote: »
    haha that boards.ie spotting is a good idea.

Sorry, but I ain't going to a pub dressed in cycling gear. I have to draw the line somewhere.
    How about drawing the line at the waist? You can wear the top to a pub so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Like it? Love it!

Inaugural 'branded' spin sounds like fun.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

and is here...
    boards2sm.jpg
    (big one here)
    they had to move the Cullen Bookmaking logo up on to the pockets as it would get completely lost in the seams where it was originally placed, but I think it looks ok!

Im getting this from that link:
    This Account Has Been Suspended.
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

link no longer works lads.

TinyExplosions , can you put the pics up on http://wthax.org/ which is a boards.ie free image hosting service - no sign up needed or anything just upload the pic ..nice and easy :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Did boards just use up all of Tiny's bandwidth in the space of an hour or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

We're screwed ! Tiny was a phisher and took all de cash !

I jest

upload pic to post and then edit post to reference the link

Verb wrote: »
    We're screwed ! Tiny was a phisher and took all de cash !

I jest

upload pic to post and then edit post to reference the link

Damnit, rumbled :)

Sorry folks, all sorted out now!

Love the way they charge 235 euro to move the logo - "Design fee" my ar$e, sure the work was done for them!

Just to confirm, the top of the bibs will be white -at least they are on the sample I got in the post today (they sent me out a pair of 3/4 bibs and a training jacket -both damn nice!)

As for the fee, I suspect there's a lot more to getting the stuff set up for printing than moving a logo :)

• Advertisement

Pictures!!!!!!!!

Pictures!!!!!!!!

Afraid they're in the wash at the moment, and aren't boards.ie ones! I got a Training Jacket, Bib 3/4's, Socks and a leg warmer! (not two) from them. Wore it out today in the rain, and they're bloody comfy! The pad in the shorts is the nicest I've come across, and the training jacket was perfect for this weather. It's got two layers, a nice fleecey type one inside that's comfy, and more of a standard outer one (I'm describing this badly I know). On the front, there's a third layer that's totally wind proof -tested today, and passed! Was pissing it down, but I was dry when I came in -oh, and it's breathable too :)

I definitely vote that come the end of summer we put in another order for the jackets, cos they're perfect for our weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

I'll defo go for the jackets when another order is being placed,they sound just the job for this ****ty weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

bunnygreen wrote: »
    I'll defo go for the jackets when another order is being placed,they sound just the job for this ****ty weather.

+1. Sounds like a well designed piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

What does the sizing seem like, is it a bit on the small or large size for what it claims to be? I'm currently trying to decide between the small and medium size for both jersey and bib-short.

RtD wrote: »
    What does the sizing seem like, is it a bit on the small or large size for what it claims to be? I'm currently trying to decide between the small and medium size for both jersey and bib-short.

Seems about what I'd expect to be honest. Fit seems accurate for the sizes given

Hey guys,
    Just a reminder that there's a few people (not many!) that have ordered, but not yet paid for their kit. If you're paying by cheque, it needs to be in the post asap, simple because if it doesn't get to me tomorrow it won't have cleared by Friday!

I've replied to everyone who's payment I've received (I think!), so if you've not got a confirmation message from me, and have paid -drop me a line so I can double check and make sure I've not missed anyone out!

Cheers guys, and remember, the orders are going in on Friday, so get your wishlist in! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I'm one of the dodgy non payment types. Apologies, I've been out of the country since last Wednesday. Will lodge to your bank account today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

So how many orders have ya got tiny? Seems to be a fair bit of interest-good on ye man!

• Advertisement

cunnins4 wrote: »
    So how many orders have ya got tiny? Seems to be a fair bit of interest-good on ye man!

30 people have ordered so fair -more than I thought at the start of this!

Advertisement