Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair problem?

Options
  • 18-04-2008 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo done. I've given it a lot of thought and I've decided that I can live with it! I'd like one either on my side, on my shoulder blade or a smallish one on my forearm. Or all three eventually.
    The thing is I'm a very hairy guy. Like really hairy. I wouldn't mind getting the back waxed or anything, I'd do this one or two weeks before getting the tattoo and am seriously considering keeping it up (scares the women, and some lads). My main question would be do any special considerations have to be made for the area with the tattoo if your waxing? Is it bad for it or anything? Probably a terrible question but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also out of the three areas I've mentioned which do you think would be the best to get my first? I have different designs in mind for each.
    Cheers people, I'm still debating getting one but the time is drawing nearer and nearer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

actually when you do go to the tattooist to get a tattoo they all shave the hairs off the area to be tattooed its their proceedure of work anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The only drawback/advantage of being a hairy-man-beast :p is that people may not see the tattoo. The tattoo artist will shave the part being tattood on anyway but if you are as hairy as you say waxing might help.

tattoo on your side, like ribs? anywhere there is bone it will sting more than usual, but you can hide it easily. Shoulder blade again may sting due to bone and forearm wont be as bad, but harder to hide.

Up to yourself at the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Wilburt wrote: »
    The only drawback/advantage of being a hairy-man-beast :p is that people may not see the tattoo. The tattoo artist will shave the part being tattood on anyway but if you are as hairy as you say waxing might help.

tattoo on your side, like ribs? anywhere there is bone it will sting more than usual, but you can hide it easily. Shoulder blade again may sting due to bone and forearm wont be as bad, but harder to hide.

Up to yourself at the end of the day
    tut tut you beat me to it again will ,you must type faster than me!Im god damn slow at it pah!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

:D I guess things aren't too bad so, and yes I meant my ribs. If I end up getting one on my back I think I'll try and keep it waxed. It'll look a lot cleaner, and it might stop me scratching off the furniture. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

bwahaha
    well hope it goes well either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

just one other thing i'd say would be that maybe the forearm isnt the greatest place, especially for a first. just from a professional/employment perspective, though depending on what you work at, that mightnt be an issue.

Advertisement